Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else having trouble with the CRB checks? I've been checking every so often to see how's progressing and now all of the updates have been wiped -- Application start date, end date etc. It still says the application is complete, but when I go to the tracking service for it, I get a message saying "The DBS application form reference number is invalid."

Weirdly, it's taking an age to load the CRB sites, so I'm hoping they're having a loading issue and I'm just being paranoid, but I'm worried it's been cancelled based on my health questionnaire. Did anyone else have to disclose a disciplinary on their health thing?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone any idea if my file is with the audit team how much longer until I'll be contacted for a formal offer? I'm losing patience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoriamj)
    Anyone any idea if my file is with the audit team how much longer until I'll be contacted for a formal offer? I'm losing patience
    Best bet with those is to just call the guy dealing with your case. Not worth losing patience over, especially since you've already waited around 5 months by this point.

ReputationRep:
    mine was 1week with audit team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fontaine1990)
    did you get paid today ? on the last day of my first week its a lot to take in lool
    hows ya first week been

ReputationRep:
    Mine was with the audit team for a week

ReputationRep:
    Any1 have portal link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    Any1 have portal link?
    For some reason, my bookmarked link is:
    https://www.directch.com/RomaFrontEnd/en-GB/Home/Signin?css=4da505e1-31a5-4c0a-b6d0-08ce6a28a172&pId=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&aId=9b094e30-0a38-4ed1-96a2-3392647869b3&backgroundImageURL= 40b84705-65ba-4058-b7ea-c21d527a1c79&headerlogoID=c85ea5 8a-b8ad-4cfb-a3b9-9617e88031c4&registrationMethod= 2&mode=portal_view&idFieldId=-2&idFieldName=Username&referral= DQAAAB%252BLCAAAAAAABAAzqEECADKJ WRENAAAA&skinId=efb72e0e-5f20-454e-ac70-148bc37f9e90

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SWIM77)
    Hi all.
    I had my provisional offer around Easter.
    10 days later (Monday just gone) I received my 3 PEC forms via Email.
    Health. Character. Pension.
    (Names of 2 references and DBS were also required)
    I filled out all the forms and sent them back the same day.
    Today in the post I received a letter from OH
    (Occupational Health) asking me to fill in an online health questionnaire.
    :-/ :-/ :-/
    Please can someone tell me ......
    Does this mean that they are not happy with the one I already sent ?
    Or is this the normal next step ?

TIA
    It's a normal step. I think everyone gets one. Just make sure you do the online questionnaire asap

ReputationRep:
    So guys who's starting on 19th June in Manchester

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, the tone of some folk on here, gonna stop advising I think! We were all happily supporting each other until the tone changed to shouty!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.
    I had my provisional offer around Easter.
    10 days later (Monday just gone) I received my 3 PEC forms via Email.
    Health. Character. Pension.
    (Names of 2 references and DBS were also required)
    I filled out all the forms and sent them back the same day.
    Today in the post I received a letter from OH
    (Occupational Health) asking me to fill in an online health questionnaire.
    :-/ :-/ :-/
    Please can someone tell me ......
    Does this mean that they are not happy with the one I already sent ?
    Or is this the normal next step ?

TIA
    This is all normal and I too had to fill in the online questionnaire after returning my PEC forms. It's all standard so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladynevertells)
    This is all normal and I too had to fill in the online questionnaire after returning my PEC forms. It's all standard so don't worry.
    Is it "yes" "no" type stuff of do you have to explain stuff in this second one ?

ReputationRep:
    Is it "yes" "no" type stuff of do you have to explain stuff in this second one ?
    It's pretty easy and standard and yes it is a 'yes and no' type thing and similar to the form. They may ask you for your doctors details, they never contacted mine. It's just making further checks and more for if you need any specific requirements should you be formally offered the role. They can't decline you for health conditions.

ReputationRep:
    They should just ask all the questions in the first form and save themselves the trouble ! Lol.
    Thanks Ladynevertells
    Yeah I know, pain, but suppose Manpower need to be shown to be extra vigilant as it's working for the government. Don't worry, you'll be fine. I was expecting a call after I filled it in but I never got one. I was just as honest as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Haha good luck

ReputationRep:
    Can someone put on link for portal pls

ReputationRep:
    This is the link you gave me last week Nas
    Thanks 👍

ReputationRep:
    Just go to page 33 of this board. The link u provided some weeks ago is still there.
    I just tried it. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian_Morris)
    So guys who's starting on 19th June in Manchester
    I am, in debt management. Do you know what department you're going to be in?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.