Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How long after this email do you usually get a call/email for formal offer? Did you anyone else received this email before been made a formal offer?

"Your file is with our audit team undergoing final checks. When this is completed and there is no further information needed, HMRC will be in direct contact with you regarding start dates."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phili20)
    How long after this email do you usually get a call/email for formal offer? Did you anyone else received this email before been made a formal offer?

"Your file is with our audit team undergoing final checks. When this is completed and there is no further information needed, HMRC will be in direct contact with you regarding start dates."
    I waited a week after my file was with the audit team.

ReputationRep:

I didn't get any email after all my checks and references were sent. I emailed them myself on Friday and they basically said my file was with audit but that they couldn't give me a time scale

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoriamj)
    I didn't get any email after all my checks and references were sent. I emailed them myself on Friday and they basically said my file was with audit but that they couldn't give me a time scale
    I made a chase call too and seemed to move quickly after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian_Morris)
    No not been told yet? When did you find out what department you are in
    It was in my formal offer email, on the 10th April

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladynevertells)
    I made a chase call too and seemed to move quickly after that.
    I called today and he said the same thing. Praying I hear this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aqhsa)
    lol awww and tbh dnt know yet when will know my shifts but yeah I have started taking live calls now
    yeah how are you finding it its a lot to remember lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladynevertells)
    I waited a week after my file was with the audit team.
    So basically we won't find out until next week.😔😩

ReputationRep:
    So basically we won't find out until next week.😔😩
    You may do, keep the faith.😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oshortone)
    Thanks for reply re: dates. I'm still waiting for formal offer. Appears to have been delayed due to my health declaration. Still a waiting game. Hope to hear soon though.
    Me too BUT I did the OH questionnaire on line and all was OK. Told on 30 March, PECs in order and I would be contacted by HMRC re start date. Now 33 days on and NOWT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoriamj)
    I called today and he said the same thing. Praying I hear this week
    Called who and on what number

ReputationRep:
    I am filling my documents for the PEC process and I am unsure where I find the exercise reference and the candiate reference?

Alsim I do not have any idea in regards to pensions I have had?

I once drove without insurance and on a provisional license. I got fixed penalty points. Does anyone think this may affect me getting the job?

ReputationRep:
    Rhonddaguy Are you waiting to start in Cardiff? I am too and I had my provisional offer in Feb. They are still doing my checks... I chased them up on a random hmrc email address and they were waiting for more info from me. Info I'd already given and they hadn't told me they needed 😂 that's why things were at a standstill. Anyway I'm still waiting for a formal offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizC1991)
    I am filling my documents for the PEC process and I am unsure where I find the exercise reference and the candiate reference?

I once drove without insurance and on a provisional license. I got fixed penalty points. Does anyone think this may affect me getting the job?
    The pension one just tick no.just means you have never had a cival servant pension.also you will need to declare the conviction it wont go against you.i put down my tv liscence conviction and i have my formal offer
    Hope this helps ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fontaine1990)
    yeah how are you finding it its a lot to remember lol
    awww yeah it is but I mainly wrote down things plus you have the guideline with you. I am on live calls now so just trying to get use to all the systems. Plus the staff and floorworkers are really helpful. I am sure you will do fine 👍🏽

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizC1991)

First of all I missed out the exercise reference and character reference for the health declaration form and character declaration form. I just stated in the email to them when sendin back the filled form that I did not have these details but everything I filled in.

Regarding your pension check this link: https://www.pensionwise.gov.uk/pension-pot-value

this link should help you to figure out how much pension you have had.

Lastly regarding your penalty points it is fine it won't affect your job as I had point regarding careless driving (driving to fast) but I work for HMRC now so all is good don't worry. All the best 👍🏽

ReputationRep:
    What is c.f. 380 form?
    To whom it is applicable?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering people who got their formal offer, did you receive a call first directly from HMRC or was it an email first? If it was by telephone what number was it? I just want to know what to expect. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering people who got their formal offer, did you receive a call first directly from HMRC or was it an email first? If it was by telephone what number was it? I just want to know what to expect. Thanks
    I got a call from an unknown number and they asked me if I would like to accept the offer, I then received the offer email the following morning

ReputationRep:
    I received an email first then missed a call from a blocked number the next day. But the guy left a voicemail with a contact number to call him back on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.