Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone able to give any idea how long to give them once the checks have gone into audit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belkab2000)
    Thanks victoriamj ..i finally got to them.
    No problem. Were they helpful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lochymac)
    Anyone able to give any idea how long to give them once the checks have gone into audit?
    It appears to vary. I am now on 53 days but there appears to be some movement but as of yet no starting date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhonddaguy)
    It appears to vary. I am now on 53 days but there appears to be some movement but as of yet no starting date.
    Thanks for that. I really can't believe how long the whole process is taking.

ReputationRep:
    Wishing all the people who haven't received a formal offer yet all the best. I hope you get some good news this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoriamj)
    No problem. Were they helpful?
    Yes they were....i had issues with my right to work and now sorted. Iv been directed to one lady at HMRC. Hopefully my PEC will start soon.

ReputationRep:
    I know sum1 wrkin at hmrc and he said they have over recruited this period and awaiting more positions to become available before offering more formal offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    I know sum1 wrkin at hmrc and he said they have over recruited this period and awaiting more positions to become available before offering more formal offers
    This wouldnt surprise me!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phili20)
    Wishing all the people who haven't received a formal offer yet all the best. I hope you get some good news this week.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that. I really can't believe how long the whole process is taking.
    Indeed. Its now 6 months since applications were invited!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    This is exactly what I was afraid had happened. They should at least communicate this to people. I wanted to be out of my current job a long long time ago and have missed other opportunities for this

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly what I was afraid had happened. They should at least communicate this to people. I wanted to be out of my current job a long long time ago and have missed other opportunities for this
    I am really annoyed at this too. I am very tempted to complain to manpower about their poor communications. I also turned down other jobs once they sent through my provisional offer email.

ReputationRep:
    I am really annoyed at this too. I am very tempted to complain to manpower about their poor communications. I also turned down other jobs once they sent through my provisional offer email.
    I'm going to compose an email today, it's not fair they just keep you holding on for nothing. At the end of the day this is people's livelihood

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to compose an email today, it's not fair they just keep you holding on for nothing. At the end of the day this is people's livelihood
    Totally agree, depending on which address you email though doubt you will even get a reply from them. Do keep us all updated though and hope you get somewhere soon.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree, depending on which address you email though doubt you will even get a reply from them. Do keep us all updated though and hope you get somewhere soon.
    I have emailed expressing my concerns and asking for a clear answer whether it's likely to be more weeks/months wait to which my response was my file had actually been audited and given back to HMRC.
    Unfortuently they couldn't give me a further contact so nothing has really come out of this other than it is likely they've over recruited and that's why they haven't been in contact with those of us who have been waiting so long at this stage

ReputationRep:
    I have emailed expressing my concerns and asking for a clear answer whether it's likely to be more weeks/months wait to which my response was my file had actually been audited and given back to HMRC.
    Unfortuently they couldn't give me a further contact so nothing has really come out of this other than it is likely they've over recruited and that's why they haven't been in contact with those of us who have been waiting so long at this stage
    Not good. I called manpower this morning only to be told they were still waiting on dbs yet when I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago my file was going into audit.

ReputationRep:
    Not good. I called manpower this morning only to be told they were still waiting on dbs yet when I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago my file was going into audit.
    The communication or lack thereof rather is shocking!

ReputationRep:
    I think they are saying anything now!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi did anyone get asked to do a verbal test ? I done the shift test then got asked to do a verbal test.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received a start date for Shipley, Leeds? I have a formal offer but not start date. Provisional said between July - November...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.