Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just received the formal offer email and my starting date is 19 June.
    Anyone start on that day in Bradford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carmen1999)
    Congrats 😂 I start in Bradford on the 9th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    Congrats 😂 I start in Bradford on the 9th
    Congrats both

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot!
    By the way, there's a chance that our starting date is earlier than what the provisional offer mentioned.
    HMRC told me the starting date is between July and October, but they gave me June.

Hope you guys get the formal offer soon

ReputationRep:
    last day of training tomorrow then next tuesday onto rota's shifts

ReputationRep:
    I've just received my formal offer! Over the moon what a fab start to the weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoriamj)
    I've just received my formal offer! Over the moon what a fab start to the weekend
    That's great news. Seen a few this week then. When you starting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lochymac)
    That's great news. Seen a few this week then. When you starting?
    I've gone for the 19th June. Does look like they've picked back up now so hopefully everyone will finally know soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carmen1999)
    Me

ReputationRep:
    I've gone for the 19th June. Does look like they've picked back up now so hopefully everyone will finally know soon!
    Brilliant news I start on the 9th prob c u around 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    Brilliant news I start on the 9th prob c u around 😂
    Thanks! Yes most likely

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Yes most likely
    Out of interest how did you get your formal offer was it a call or email?

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest how did you get your formal offer was it a call or email?
    It was an email which I had to reply to accepting or declining and chose which of two dates I'd like to start. They replied to that email with one saying I'd get a further one from manpower with further details

ReputationRep:
    It was an email which I had to reply to accepting or declining and chose which of two dates I'd like to start. They replied to that email with one saying I'd get a further one from manpower with further details
    Cool hope all goes well for you. I slowly giving up hope. I've been pestering them in the end I asked them to send me an email to confirm checks were completed and file passed back to HMRC.

ReputationRep:
    Cool hope all goes well for you. I slowly giving up hope. I've been pestering them in the end I asked them to send me an email to confirm checks were completed and file passed back to HMRC.
    Thank you! Honestly don't give up, I was the exact same, there were people who got their offers and employment checks the same day as me that have had their start dates for weeks now!

I never received confirmation of checks or anything I just emailed and asked (not that it was ever much help.)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Honestly don't give up, I was the exact same, there were people who got their offers and employment checks the same day as me that have had their start dates for weeks now!

I never received confirmation of checks or anything I just emailed and asked (not that it was ever much help.)
    I'll try, I've just tried sending an email to the info pt recruitment email address to see if they do anything just said I'm turning down other jobs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, received my provisional offer on 3rd April and completed all the documents on the day I received them. Every time I chase them they say that due to needing a desk assessment it is with HMRC to deal with although OH Assist stated my adaptations wouldn't be done until I start. When checking the provisional offer it does state that start dates would be from July. Is anyone else waiting for a formal offer for Bootle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noellaah)
    Do you have your own desk or is it hot desking?
    Hi sorry for late reply, at first we were given a seat through surname alphabetically for training time now recently me and some of my team members were made to moveto the other pod next to where our TL/Manager is with the rest of our team members who were already sitting their. So now I have my own desk. The desk that was allocated with me one of my team members wanted to swap so I swapped with them but yeah I have my own desk 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fontaine1990)
    was good but tiring lot to learn and take in lol but really enjoyed the listening in part and thats good
    when do you think your going to find out your shifts ?
    You find out your shifts straight away once you start taking live calls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fontaine1990)
    yeah how are you finding it its a lot to remember lol
    I been having unique calls its like I have used every tool in the system now lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.