The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bethxparkinson
PAYE, VAT, SA and Corporation Tax

Thanks
Has anyone had a formal offer that applied for Bootle yet? I received the provisional offer at the beginning of Apr. Manpower now keep stating that due to OH Assist, they are waiting for HMRC to get back to them. OH Assist contacted me at the beginning of May for the phone assessment.
Original post by Dazlin
Has anyone had a formal offer that applied for Bootle yet? I received the provisional offer at the beginning of Apr. Manpower now keep stating that due to OH Assist, they are waiting for HMRC to get back to them. OH Assist contacted me at the beginning of May for the phone assessment.

Same situation as me advised by Manpower delay was with response from HMRC after OHAssist consultation. My provisional offer was end of Feb, OHAssist call was at the end of March. I finally received my formal offer on 5 th June.
Really thought I would never get to this stage. It really is just a waiting game. My formal offer was for Bathgate. Hope you hear soon for Bootle. Good luck.
Thanks for letting me know, must be the adaptations requested by OH Assist. Hopefully will hear soon.Have you started yet?
Original post by Dazlin
Thanks for letting me know, must be the adaptations requested by OH Assist. Hopefully will hear soon.Have you started yet?

No I start tomorrow. Now feels a bit surreal. Starting in personal tax. Slightly nervous but hope will settle after 1st day.
Original post by Oshortone
No I start tomorrow. Now feels a bit surreal. Starting in personal tax. Slightly nervous but hope will settle after 1st day.

Good luck and well done
Reply 1746
Anyone got the sickness & absence helpline number for hmrc please 😭
Original post by Aqhsa
Anyone got the sickness & absence helpline number for hmrc please 😭

Hi just saw request for number for sickness and absence Bathgate contact centre is 03000 548644.
had my formal offer today. i start on 17th july in Nottingham . its been a long journey.
Original post by Belkab2000
had my formal offer today. i start on 17th july in Nottingham . its been a long journey.

Congratulations and good luck.
Congratulations and good luck.

thank you
Reply 1751
Phoned Manpower, they've said that the holdup is to do with my character enquiry form. So I'm guessing either it's the speeding ticket I got 9 years ago, or the fact I worked there before and was made redundant at the end of a fixed term contract. :s-smilie: Not sure why that takes 4 months to look into, but hey ho.
Reply 1752
Hi just saw request for number for sickness and absence Bathgate contact centre is 03000 548644.

Awww thank you, yeah i thought I lost my card but found it also got in touch with my colleague mate they gave me number too. Thank you anyway much appreciated.
Original post by Aqhsa
Awww thank you, yeah i thought I lost my card but found it also got in touch with my colleague mate they gave me number too. Thank you anyway much appreciated.

Your welcome.
Just a quick one, for all those that started on 19th did you get any pay this month. Wasn't sure how it would work. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Lochymac
Just a quick one, for all those that started on 19th did you get any pay this month. Wasn't sure how it would work. Thanks in advance.

No pay last month, but you could apply for a pay advance to get paid on the 15th (I think) of this month. We'll get paid as normal at the end of this month.
Reply 1756
Finally been offered a role to start on the 25th of September. Really looking forward to it :smile:
Congratulations, where abouts?I am still waiting for the formal offer for Bootle.
Original post by Spy212
Finally been offered a role to start on the 25th of September. Really looking forward to it :smile:

Is that for bootle?
Reply 1759
Original post by LizC1991
Is that for bootle?

No, sorry, it's for Portsmouth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending