The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Human biology foundation year at Plymouth

Anyone starting the Human Biology foundation in September?! Just accepted an unconditional offer, so excited!
Original post by ktmartini
Anyone starting the Human Biology foundation in September?! Just accepted an unconditional offer, so excited!

Students will be more likely to be posting/reading the Plymouth University forum or the Biology, biochemistry and other life sciences forum :smile:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
I will be starting this course in september too!!
Reply 3
Original post by MP167
I will be starting this course in september too!!

Ahhhh, that's so exciting!
Hi there,I was wondering how you’re finding biology with foundation year at Plymouth? I’m thinking of applying for it next year but I fear there will be no one my age (17) and in the same boat as me as I do hope to progress to the biological Sciences degree afterwards. I would like your honest opinion
Reply 5
Original post by ktmartini

I've been offered a conditional offer to start in Sept 18 :smile: so happy 😊
Reply 6
Original post by username3545660
Hi there,I was wondering how you’re finding biology with foundation year at Plymouth? I’m thinking of applying for it next year but I fear there will be no one my age (17) and in the same boat as me as I do hope to progress to the biological Sciences degree afterwards. I would like your honest opinion

I'm in my first semester and the course is going well so far. I'm currently doing a maths(it's very much like GCSE), chemistry and biology module. But I would assume that it would get harder in the second semester. Assignments are the thing that I find hard as I tend to go off topic and ramble on but I'm hoping to improve throughout this year. They do provide study skills lectures which can be quite helpful and lecturers are always there if you need help with anything. In each semester, you have to do two compulsory modules. In the first semester, you can choose the third one by doing chemistry or physics. In the second semester, you can pick again from another set of chemistry, physics or a maths module

In this course, there are people of many ages and your age shouldn't stop you from wanting to do a degree. I heard that there are 17 year olds who do study at university as well and I'm sure you will be fine.
Hope this helps.
Original post by MP167
I'm in my first semester and the course is going well so far. I'm currently doing a maths(it's very much like GCSE), chemistry and biology module. But I would assume that it would get harder in the second semester. Assignments are the thing that I find hard as I tend to go off topic and ramble on but I'm hoping to improve throughout this year. They do provide study skills lectures which can be quite helpful and lecturers are always there if you need help with anything. In each semester, you have to do two compulsory modules. In the first semester, you can choose the third one by doing chemistry or physics. In the second semester, you can pick again from another set of chemistry, physics or a maths module

Hope this helps.

Im starting the course in September! How are you finding it now? Please tell me how good it is :biggrin:

Quick Reply