Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone starting the Human Biology foundation in September?! Just accepted an unconditional offer, so excited!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ktmartini)
    Anyone starting the Human Biology foundation in September?! Just accepted an unconditional offer, so excited!
    Students will be more likely to be posting/reading the Plymouth University forum or the Biology, biochemistry and other life sciences forum

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting this course in september too!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MP167)
    I will be starting this course in september too!!
    Ahhhh, that's so exciting!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,I was wondering how you’re finding biology with foundation year at Plymouth? I’m thinking of applying for it next year but I fear there will be no one my age (17) and in the same boat as me as I do hope to progress to the biological Sciences degree afterwards. I would like your honest opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktmartini)
    I've been offered a conditional offer to start in Sept 18 so happy 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3545660)
    Hi there,I was wondering how you’re finding biology with foundation year at Plymouth? I’m thinking of applying for it next year but I fear there will be no one my age (17) and in the same boat as me as I do hope to progress to the biological Sciences degree afterwards. I would like your honest opinion
    I'm in my first semester and the course is going well so far. I'm currently doing a maths(it's very much like GCSE), chemistry and biology module. But I would assume that it would get harder in the second semester. Assignments are the thing that I find hard as I tend to go off topic and ramble on but I'm hoping to improve throughout this year. They do provide study skills lectures which can be quite helpful and lecturers are always there if you need help with anything. In each semester, you have to do two compulsory modules. In the first semester, you can choose the third one by doing chemistry or physics. In the second semester, you can pick again from another set of chemistry, physics or a maths module

In this course, there are people of many ages and your age shouldn't stop you from wanting to do a degree. I heard that there are 17 year olds who do study at university as well and I'm sure you will be fine.
    Hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.