Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know the basics.

ReputationRep:
    If you're good with languages you can easily start to speak, listen and write at a fairly high level within a year. However, fluency comes from many years of practice, in my opinion, and can't be achieved in such a short timeframe.
    • Political Ambassador

I want to learn Spanish, what methods are you using?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I know the basics.
    Fluent, perhaps not. Intermediate/advanced? Absolutely. It'd require daily dedication, though. Try and spend at least an hour on it. To get started, try sites like DuoLingo... as you get more into it, try to learn vocabulary and verb conjugation as well as how to make things agree... It's a long road, but with dedication it's certainly possible. If you need any resources, let me know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.