Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

This may seem like an overdone thread, but I really need to seek confirmation in my case. I want to drop out of university to come back to my country and study there instead. As an EU student, I haven't taken any grants or maintenance loan.

Let's say I drop out halfway through the term. Would I have to pay some of the installment back? Or do I repay it on normal terms, when I start earning above the threshold of my country?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokarief)
    Hi,

This may seem like an overdone thread, but I really need to seek confirmation in my case. I want to drop out of university to come back to my country and study there instead. As an EU student, I haven't taken any grants or maintenance loan.

Let's say I drop out halfway through the term. Would I have to pay some of the installment back? Or do I repay it on normal terms, when I start earning above the threshold of my country?
    Do you mean the tution fee loan? if so it's just when you reach the threshold.

ReputationRep:
    So Student Finance won't force me to repay some of it straight away? I've read that you are liable for 50% of the loan when you are in second term, but if you drop out early, do I start repaying it like I would if I finished the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Do you mean the tution fee loan? if so it's just when you reach the threshold.
    Bumping this thread, this is really important for me.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Tokarief

If you only had a tuition fee loan you would only repay this if you are working and earning over the threshold for the country you are living in.
    We would not ask you to repay this straight away.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.