Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    These days unis promote multicultural lefty values, like tolerance of skin colour, religion, culture etc because they want to make the most money possible. International students play a big part it their profits, what with them paying 17k yearly tuition fees etc. To teach at unis, I thought you need to believe in these values, but now it appears it's OK if you just appear to believe in them when around students, while being racist behind close doors. I overheard my lecturer on the phone in his office. He was saying some pretty racist stuff like 'thank god he only has to spend another 2 weeks in Londonistan, and made a rude remark about burkas.' In the classroom, however, he encourages minorities and even talks to a couple of Muslim girls, smiling and generally being false and fake. It seems he's just behaving kind to them just to stay in his job, and earn his money, pay off his mortgage etc, when in fact outside of the job he's a bigoted closet racist. I believe he even voted Brexit, but this is just a rumour...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    These days unis promote multicultural lefty values, like tolerance of skin colour, religion, culture etc because they want to make the most money possible. International students play a big part it their profits, what with them paying 17k yearly tuition fees etc. To teach at unis, I thought you need to believe in these values, but now it appears it's OK if you just appear to believe in them when around students, while being racist behind close doors. I overheard my lecturer on the phone in his office. He was saying some pretty racist stuff like 'thank god he only has to spend another 2 weeks in Londonistan, and made a rude remark about burkas.' In the classroom, however, he encourages minorities and even talks to a couple of Muslim girls, smiling and generally being false and fake. It seems he's just behaving kind to them just to stay in his job, and earn his money, pay off his mortgage etc, when in fact outside of the job he's a bigoted closet racist. I believe he even voted Brexit, but this is just a rumour...
    Voting brexit doesn't make you a racist.

And as a proud nationalist it does concern me that ilsamic courts are being run accross the U.K. And that London is now 55% non white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    2/10 poor trolling would not recommend to a friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    There are people like that. But they need international students for their uni to survive so they have to play nice.

But don't worry. The dude will probably lose his job in the next job restructure. The number of international students going to UK unis is in decline and these students' fee fund the uni and staff wages. Even Cambridge has seen a 14% drop in international student numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)

And as a proud nationalist it does concern me that ilsamic courts are being run accross the U.K. And that London is now 55% non white.
    Don't like melanin do ya.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Don't like melanin do ya.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was willing to agree with the dude until his follow up comment....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    Perhaps he fancies them girls but not the boys.

(Original post by niteninja1)

It's only 55% non-white if somehow white Irish, German, French, Spaniards, Portugese, Italians, Russians, Austrians etc. as well as all the mixed and Latinos. But then we live in the post-truth era, don't we?

I admire Her Majesty for being in an interracial relationship then, since white Greeks are now non-white.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.