Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have u accepted it yet as your firm choice or ? Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiakate)
    Have u accepted it yet as your firm choice or ? Well done!
    Yep, just accepted as firm choice about 10 mins ago, just looking through accommodation options at the mo...still not really sure how it's going to work with placement

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about placement, they will explain to you nearer the time. Everything works
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niclewis10)
    Hiya, just thought i'd let you know that I got into Sheffield Hallam too so hopefully will be seeing you in September, will be nice to know someone on day 1!
    Congrats on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
    Congrats on your offer!
    thank you (sorry only just seen this post)

ReputationRep:
    Accepted an Unconditional Offer for Liverpool Uni, Radiotherapy anyone else been accepted ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niclewis10)
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has had interviews yet for radiotherapy or if they'd had offers back. Doesn't seem to be much on the radiotherapy forums!

hey where have u applied, i have an offer for the university of hertfordshire and london southabank so i withdrew all the rest, how about you where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keeshx96)
    hey where have u applied, i have an offer for the university of hertfordshire and london southabank so i withdrew all the rest, how about you where have you applied?
    hey i only just logged back into this i didn't realise it's been so long! Congrats on your offers have you decided which one yet? I only applied to sheffield hallam as I wanted either there or liverpool (can't afford to go back down south!) and thought liverpool might be in clearing so took a punt. Crazy amount of pre course info to give isn't it?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ally_h)
    Hi i have an interview on the 7th at sheffield hallam a bit late but hoping it will go well any info on what questions was asked would be great, anyone else got an interview in august? Congrats to all that have offers already
    Hey ally_h

Are you hoping to start this September? If so, you might want to post in our 2017 applicant discussion thread to see if anyone can reassure you. We don't encourage people to share the interview questions but it's good to chat about the overall experience

Best of luck!

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ally_h)
    Hi i have an interview on the 7th at sheffield hallam a bit late but hoping it will go well any info on what questions was asked would be great, anyone else got an interview in august? Congrats to all that have offers already
    I have had an interview at Sheffield in January for radiotherapy!! It was a very chilled interview compared to the other interviews I went too. Sheffield were very interested if I knew the difference between radiotherapy and diagnostic. My tip for the interview is just to be yourself and show empathy towards patients!! Hope that helps ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Who coming to Sheffield Hallam to start radiotherapy? If so have you got your placement site yet? And pre enrolled?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Who coming to Sheffield Hallam to start radiotherapy? If so have you got your placement site yet? And pre enrolled?
    Hiya, I'm definitely going, got my pre course day on thursday and placed in newcastle which was my first choice so buzzing I've pre enrolled but haven't looked at the basic life support stuff yet. Have you? Where are you placed? N

ReputationRep:
    I had my pre course day in June!!!! It was pretty decent other than the vaccines 😭 I have looked at everything, other than some of the things we have to research before the course start! Doing that this week! I'm at derby, which was my first choice!!! I'm not sure if I've received everything from the uni, so I was wondering what they have sent you!

ReputationRep:
    I had my pre course day in June!!!! It was pretty decent other than the vaccines 😭 I have looked at everything, other than some of the things we have to research before the course start! Doing that this week! I'm at derby, which was my first choice!!! I'm not sure if I've received everything from the uni, so I was wondering what they have sent you!
    yeah i was late with the pre course day because of some personal stuff this summer and then only had the option of september but really looking forward to it - will feel real then! what else have you looked at? Did you do the basic life support quiz? i've done some background reading but some of the textbook stuff looks complicated and bit worried my biology isn't up to scratch! Congrats on your first choice, i haven't received anything other than the placement email, confirmation from uni and the email from jo saying check that website and looked at the website. That's about it, i've got some qus but will ask on thursday. Are you moving to sheffield?

ReputationRep:
    i didn't realise there was a quiz to it? I must re-look at that! Ye I brought the book they recommended and it seemed to complicated with all the radiation stuff, but I briefly looked at the types of cancer. I did science course last year, but I definitely won't be up to the standards they will be training us at, so don't worry ! Everyone in the same boat 😬😬 and I got the same details as you that's good! I'm not living at university as I live a 45 min drive away, so it wasn't worth going to halls when I have to travel to placement, so commuting is cheaper! I just have to tackle Sheffield parking 😂 How about you? Also do you think our induction timetable will be similar to our official one? And thank you, congrats too!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure there was just a few tabs and i'm not sure if we're supposed to do it prior to starting the course or just prior to our training week. I'll ask! oo sheffield parking will be fun but at least we'll be in 5 days a wk (probably) so at least you won't have to hang around for ages if you get there early i'm renting a studio in the city centre so about 45 min walk to uni but pleased i've got a nice place. Yeah i did a science access course so bit behind but not too worried about it now. Few people i've spoken to in the same boat too. Think the timetable will be v similar, not sure when we'll get it though, hopefully next week.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited now! I went back and read and did that quiz for the basic life support. Not sure if u have seen it, but we get a Wednesday of each week on placement, plus weekend so that relieving !!!! Have you had your Hep B vaccines yet? There a national shortage so Sheffield don't have any, so I had to do it with my local GP surgery

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.