Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to be a better boyfriend. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I've been going out with this girl for about 2 months now and she has a heart condition. Sad thing is that I live in London while she lives in Cambridge and my strict Asian parents won't really allow me to have a girlfriend so it makes things a lot more difficult. I see her in school most days but if she has some attack, I can't visit her in hospital. I was wondering what I could do to make her feel better? I know it's a bit tough but I really need some advice.

ReputationRep:
    buy her some fried chicken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hirsty97)
    Eat that pu $$y son
    He's knows ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am really sorry for both of you and I hope her condition isn't serious.

-You could send her a letter or a card when she is in the hospital. It is really romantic and I bet she would be pleasantly surprised.
    -You could also buy/made her something that she can always keep with herself and it will remind her of you. Like a bracelet, necklace or a charm.
    -You could film your entire day, edit the film and send her the video in the evening.
    -If you happen to play an instrument, you could play something for her and send her the recording or play via skype or something like that.
    -You could take photos of beautiful things that remind you of her and send her one photo each day along with a message how much she means to you, how it hurts you to be away from her...

I hope you find any of these helpful and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your post! It's really helpful! I shall try these ideas out
    (Original post by HarmonySweet)
    I am really sorry for both of you and I hope her condition isn't serious.

-You could send her a letter or a card when she is in the hospital. It is really romantic and I bet she would be pleasantly surprised.
    -You could also buy/made her something that she can always keep with herself and it will remind her of you. Like a bracelet, necklace or a charm.
    -You could film your entire day, edit the film and send her the video in the evening.
    -If you happen to play an instrument, you could play something for her and send her the recording or play via skype or something like that.
    -You could take photos of beautiful things that remind you of her and send her one photo each day along with a message how much she means to you, how it hurts you to be away from her...

I hope you find any of these helpful and good luck.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Elektroflow)
    Basically, I've been going out with this girl for about 2 months now and she has a heart condition. Sad thing is that I live in London while she lives in Cambridge and my strict Asian parents won't really allow me to have a girlfriend so it makes things a lot more difficult. I see her in school most days but if she has some attack, I can't visit her in hospital. I was wondering what I could do to make her feel better? I know it's a bit tough but I really need some advice.
    Harmony gave you soem nicce suggestions.

1. Talk to her about the difficulties of getting to see her and ways you can figure out round it.
    2. presumably you have a phone or skype, so you cna still talk on a regular basis.
    3. is she likely to go into hopsital? You can still call her.
    4. Just do thoughtful things. It's easier than ever these days to maintain a relationship over a bit of distance.

ReputationRep:
    1. Yeah, I've been discussing that with her a lot recently but still need to figure out solutions to it.
    2. Yes, of course. I text her a lot and skype and call her from time to time. I mean she travels to london for school but I just don't see her that much.
    3. She's in hospital most of the time tbh.... and I do text her but idk if she's well enough to call when she's in the hospital and may end up bothering other patients?
    4. Yeah, I guess. Thank you for comments.
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Harmony gave you soem nicce suggestions.

1. Talk to her about the difficulties of getting to see her and ways you can figure out round it.
    2. presumably you have a phone or skype, so you cna still talk on a regular basis.
    3. is she likely to go into hopsital? You can still call her.
    4. Just do thoughtful things. It's easier than ever these days to maintain a relationship over a bit of distance.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.