Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In November I had to do my gcse maths foundation retake and I recently got my results back and I was only 4 marks off passing, however before my retake I had an operation and I wasn't meant to be in school however I did go in and do the paper but I was in so much agony I couldn't focus. I don't want to do the paper again, if I was to go to the examiners and explain I had a serious operation a few days before my test, would they raise my grade to a C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h4rlss)
    In November I had to do my gcse maths foundation retake and I recently got my results back and I was only 4 marks off passing, however before my retake I had an operation and I wasn't meant to be in school however I did go in and do the paper but I was in so much agony I couldn't focus. I don't want to do the paper again, if I was to go to the examiners and explain I had a serious operation a few days before my test, would they raise my grade to a C?
    If you had told your exams office at the time of the exam they could have helped. They might have applied for special consideration which could have given you a few extra marks or you might have been allowed rest breaks to help you manage the discomfort. However, I'm 99.9% sure nothing can be done about it now. Speak to your exams office if you want to check but I'm sure it's too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    They would not be able to I'm afraid. While it is possible for a small % to be added for extenuating circumstances, the deadline for the November series has long since passed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    They would not be able to I'm afraid. While it is possible for a small % to be added for extenuating circumstances, the deadline for the November series has long since passed.
    (Original post by h4rlss)
    Yes this is correct. The final date for applying for special consideration was 17th November 2016. If h4rlss had applying, they would have been awarded an additional 3% which would probably have been enough to secure their C grade. At least they look in a good position to go on to be successful in June 2017.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.