Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's it REALLY like as a thirty-something going to uni for the first time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    So if you can't read another degree, what are you going to do now then?
    Looking for a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandbeer2)
    Great thread, very encouraging for us 'oldies'!
    HEAR ! HEAR!

This was the exact thread i was looking for , lots of positives for the real "mature" students

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you! I'm 49 and will be starting a Foundation year for Engineering this September... and I'm 49. Been a taxi driver for the last 13 years and I cannot face doing that for another 20 years. I dunno which uni yet though as I have 1 unconditional offer already but I'm waiting on one more which is my 1st choice.

I did my GCSE maths last year at night school. I was the 2nd oldest on that course but I got on with everyone even though most were well younger than me. Only issue (very minor at that) was when I made it public knowledge I was for the leaving the EU in the referendum. That "raised eyebrows" shall we say and it's taught me to keep my political views to myself when at uni. I don't want the safe space, no platforming brigade to make my life a misery.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.