Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How you carry condoms while going out so as to stop them getting damaged? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So being a virgin and about to go to uni next year, I've been thinking about the best way to be prepared and have condoms & lube when going out, say to a club in case i get lucky so as to stop them getting damaged. I know you're not supposed to keep them in a wallet or back pocket so like what do you do short of say carrying round a rucksack with some other essentials?
    Can anyone please give me some advice?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mrsuperguy)
    So being a virgin and about to go to uni next year, I've been thinking about the best way to be prepared and have condoms & lube when going out, say to a club in case i get lucky so as to stop them getting damaged. I know you're not supposed to keep them in a wallet or back pocket so like what do you do short of say carrying round a rucksack with some other essentials?
    Can anyone please give me some advice?
    Taking condoms and lube is a bit excessive... lube isn't vital in most sex situations, so I'd advise you it's probably not necessarily to take it out with you. I think keeping condoms in your wallet is fine, just make sure they are away from any coins or anything and always check the condom packets before using them. Don't use a condom with damaged packaging.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The issue is heat - latex condoms don't want to be kept at body temperature - rather than being scratched.

Coat pocket? And, yes, a sachet or two of lube is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    Alright thanks. But one: why is having lube excessive? And two; how many condoms would you take with you at one time or like how many is over the top?

Cheers guys!

My boyfriend always carries a few in his wallet incase we find ourselves needing them (lol) and we've never had any issues. As long as they're still well in date and the outer packaging doesn't seem damaged it'll be fine

Alright thanks. But one: why is having lube excessive? And two; how many condoms would you take with you at one time or like how many is over the top?

Cheers guys!
    Generally, you won't really need lube if you're going for traditional vaginal sex. Vaginas have mechanism to lubricate themselves, but if she's (your sexual partner) like me and sometimes doesn't feel like that's quite enough, my partner will just help out a bit orally, then it's totally fine.
    Considering you're a virgin and possibly don't have much experience putting a condom on, take two or three, they can be tricky to get on the first time.
    Hope I've helped

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys.
    You've all been really helpful 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've actually used condoms before, but not for sex if you get what i mean so i can put them on no problem. I just assumed that if i happened to get lucky id go in for a second round, again if you get what I mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes - something may happen to one, and if you're spending a night with someone, there's the morning to think about too.

While vaginas are indeed self-lubricating, not all do so every time the woman is sexual. Lube also makes hand jobs better. Take the lube.

ReputationRep:
    There are very few activities where a spit and shine is not enough lube. You don't need to carry lube around with you. No one does that. It's only really useful for unprepared for anal. Something which you should really avoid anyway because even with lube, it will hurt without training.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ~Tara~)
    There are very few activities where a spit and shine is not enough lube. You don't need to carry lube around with you. No one does that. It's only really useful for unprepared for anal.
    We obviously know different people. As well as its use in handjobs, it's good when both are inexperienced, or she's been drinking, or you want extended intercourse, or.. Plus sachets are very easy to carry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    We obviously know different people. As well as its use in handjobs, it's good when both are inexperienced, or she's been drinking, or you want extended intercourse, or.. Plus sachets are very easy to carry.
    My god I really have sparked an argument on here haven't I...? Yet i think I'm still none the wiser as to lube...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My god I really have sparked an argument on here haven't I...? Yet i think I'm still none the wiser as to lube...
    Downsides of having some and it not being needed: you've been carrying about 10 grams around unnecessarily.

Upsides of having some: it might be needed, and if you don't get off with someone but are horny, it will make masturbation nicer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Downsides of having some and it not being needed: you've been carrying about 10 grams around unnecessarily.

Upsides of having some: it might be needed, and if you don't get off with someone but are horny, it will make masturbation nicer.
    To be honest i don't think that downside really counts since the weight of a lube sachet is so negligible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Quite.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a lot of spontaneous sex in my youth and never once has someone produced lube. If not saliva, then pre *** often helps with handjob. And if it's just not happening change to something which is more lubricated.

Sure lube is fun and a lot of people have it in their bedroom if you were planning extended to the point someone gets sore sex. I just don't feel it's needed as something to keep with you at all times. It's my personal opinion. If someone had pulled lube out back then I would have found it weird.

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere where no sharp objects are nearby.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.