• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Hahahah I'm glad I'm not the only one!
    I still feel like that but the feeling is normal so less stressful :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Smack bang in the middle of the country! It must be nice being about to get everywhere quickly by train
    Although I consider it to be in the north :teehee:

Yeah it has good train links, but the local transport is so much different than London :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I'm still doing A Levels and I'd say that personally I think my university experience will be easier because right now I'm doing 4 subjects (one of them being art, which I want to carry on with). The only subject I enjoy is art and I'm struggling more with my other subjects, especially since I have to do exams for them. This isn't really about the actual difficulty of what I'm learning compared to what the university level would be, more like doing 4 subjects and not enjoying it vs doing a degree of something I really enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    I still feel like that but the feeling is normal so less stressful :lol:
    This is a wild guess, but do you study Geology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Lets take a moment to consider the suffering done by those at postgraduate level....

Ha ha GCSE looks so easy compared to a level and degree level just looks AWFUL!:o:S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypnotismm)
    I'm still doing A Levels and I'd say that personally I think my university experience will be easier because right now I'm doing 4 subjects (one of them being art, which I want to carry on with). The only subject I enjoy is art and I'm struggling more with my other subjects, especially since I have to do exams for them. This isn't really about the actual difficulty of what I'm learning compared to what the university level would be, more like doing 4 subjects and not enjoying it vs doing a degree of something I really enjoy
    I heard from a lot of people at GCSE / A Level saying that art had too much a high workload and that it drained their passion of art because they were forced to create art the "right" way by their teachers, is that true?

(Original post by KaylaB)
    Although I consider it to be in the north :teehee:

Yeah it has good train links, but the local transport is so much different than London :moon:
    Hey, at least it doesn't go on strike as often!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    the only teachers who say this horseshit are the ones who went to london met and did theatre studies

do a stem degree at a RG uni and you'll know.
    you think theatre studies is easy right? WRONG!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Ha ha GCSE looks so easy compared to a level and degree level just looks AWFUL!:o:S
    I really, really miss GCSEs
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    This is a wild guess, but do you study Geology?
    How on earth did you guess that :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing a levels too, and I feel degree level will in a sense be easier than a level because you can actually study what you WANT to, which means you are much motivated to work (hopefully)! For the same reason I feel like a level is actually easier than GCSE- because there are less subjects to do and at least one of the subjects you choose should be one you love! Yeah, I have the same problem- I love one of my a levels (economics) but don't really like the others!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    you think theatre studies is easy right? WRONG!
    I really wanted to watch Charlie & The Chocolate Factory at the theatre in London but I never got to ;(

ReputationRep:
    How on earth did you guess that :P
    Hahaha just a wild guess I suppose

I imagine it's a lot different to GCSE / A Level Geography? A lot lot lot more of a focus on science?

ReputationRep:
    I heard from a lot of people at GCSE / A Level saying that art had too much a high workload and that it drained their passion of art because they were forced to create art the "right" way by their teachers, is that true?
    Personally I thought GCSE was easy because you only end up having to do about twenty pieces of work for a project with no writing or anything about it, but A Level is a big step up from that. A lot of people in my class dropped the subject (last year there was about 30 people, this year only like 5). It is a big workload but if you want to succeed as an artist in the real world then that is the reality, especially for me as I want to become an illustrator.

I don't know about other people's teachers, but I've personally found my teachers to be great and they are very excited about my ideas. I struggled a little since the subject is very fine art based and I'm more into illustration, but generally I find that teachers want you to explore different styles and make work that you enjoy. In today's world there's really no use in having everyone's art be made in the exact same 'right' way, so maybe there's been a change in attitudes. Then again, maybe people just had awful art teachers

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people in my class dropped the subject (last year there was about 30 people, this year only like 5)
    Oh my goodness
    I guess it's all about getting a teacher that gives you motivation

ReputationRep:
    I think you are confusing things here. Maturity scales as you transition between education so saying either is easy or not would reflect how mature that person has become in putting effort into understanding the content. People who put in no effort at A-Levels may put in extra effort at university to avoid a second failure. Things will be easier if you understand things but obviously the effort you put in is the most important factor

ReputationRep:
    I'm second year biological sciences, and it is definitely much harder than a levels. At a level there wasn't much coursework, so most of the time the work was just preparing for exams. and for the exams we just had to learn what was in the textbook. And we got loads of help with the coursework. Now there is loads of coursework, with little help, and there is loads to learn for the exams and you need to do extra reading for the exams.
    I guess the difficulty will vary depending on the course and uni, but surely any degree that is easier than a levels is a waste of time.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha just a wild guess I suppose

I imagine it's a lot different to GCSE / A Level Geography? A lot lot lot more of a focus on science?
    Well it really has very little to do with Geography, it's a physical science. The degree that I do is basically physics and chemistry applied to the Earth system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darren A)
    I think you are confusing things here. Maturity scales as you transition between education so saying either is easy or not would reflect how mature that person has become in putting effort into understanding the content. People who put in no effort at A-Levels may put in extra effort at university to avoid a second failure. Things will be easier if you understand things but obviously the effort you put in is the most important factor
    Mhmmm that's true actually

ReputationRep:
    Well it really has very little to do with Geography, it's a physical science. The degree that I do is basically physics and chemistry applied to the Earth system.
    I remember doing very little Geology in GCSE / A Level Geography But yeah I imagine the focus is more on physics & chemistry

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.