Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm writing my CV for Postgraduate applications (in addition to my personal statement). I've come across quite an inconvenience, the place I did my work experience at (which was 6years ago and this is my only work experience at all, I know that's very unproductive of me) said I shouldn't use them as reference as they don't remember me. So should I just not write anything about my work experience in my cv.

Not writing about work experience seems a disadvantage, I also don't just want to add in my work experience just for the uni to ask for my reference and then being unable to provide it.

Is it just best not to include it at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely include it.

Even if they are not able to provide a reference they will be able to confirm you have worked there.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prabh1994)
    It doesn't matter at all that you can't get a reference from previous work, that's not the point of a CV. If an employer or organisation chooses to go through someone's CV and try and track down references, that's their choice, and they'll struggle!

ReputationRep:
    nah, I think you should include it.

The reference isn't like, critical,
    the point that you worked there
    and learned something matters.

You should write it, state what you did and learned,
    and if they want a reference you can say
    I tried but it was a long time ago so I can only
    give a work certificate or something.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.