Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I have a couple of really quick questions.
    So, I already have an offer from the University of Manchester for EEE and am planning on firming it. I already made an account for accomodation and everything but there's a couple of things I'm unsure of.

1. Do I start choosing accomodation before I firm Manchester or after?[Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I'm clueless to all of this ]

2. I instantly loved Victoria Hall and Sheavyn House and I don't really care if they're in different locations. So, I'm having trouble picking my third preference so if anyone can help me on this, that would be great. I love partying but not to a really high extent. So, what would you pick as a third preference if you were me?

3. When's the deadline for picking accomodation for the 2017-18 entry years? I got an email confirming my offer but nothing since then. Do you think I should email them before ********ting myself xD?

Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    hi i'm having the same troubles as you are, the questions i need to ask others are the same ones you have just ask, just wondering if you know the answers to those 3 questions? again, i'm pretty clueless too, i got an offer from manc and still waiting on 1 more, they've told me nothing about accommodation or how to apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennim)
    hi i'm having the same troubles as you are, the questions i need to ask others are the same ones you have just ask, just wondering if you know the answers to those 3 questions? again, i'm pretty clueless too, i got an offer from manc and still waiting on 1 more, they've told me nothing about accommodation or how to apply
    Hey Jennim! Umm, yes, after some struggles, I got the answers to all of my questions. You apply for accomodation online via their online application. You can apply the minute you receive an offer and since you did(congratulations by the way ), you can apply for accomodation. The halls I picked were Dalton Ellis, Woolton, and Sheavyn House, in that order of preferene since the 2 most important factors in my decision were the catered halls and ensuite bathrooms xD. I think the deadline is in August so you have plenty of time to decide. Thank you for your reply and good luck !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlchemistYazan)
    Hey Jennim! Umm, yes, after some struggles, I got the answers to all of my questions. You apply for accomodation online via their online application. You can apply the minute you receive an offer and since you did(congratulations by the way ), you can apply for accomodation. The halls I picked were Dalton Ellis, Woolton, and Sheavyn House, in that order of preferene since the 2 most important factors in my decision were the catered halls and ensuite bathrooms xD. I think the deadline is in August so you have plenty of time to decide. Thank you for your reply and good luck !!
    Sorry if it's too much but i tried emailing the uni and didn't get much help but how do you apply? I know they have a form available online but it keeps asking me for my uni id number to register and i was not given one? Or at least i cannot find it. Basically i can't register:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennim)
    Sorry if it's too much but i tried emailing the uni and didn't get much help but how do you apply? I know they have a form available online but it keeps asking me for my uni id number to register and i was not given one? Or at least i cannot find it. Basically i can't register:/
    I'm more than happy to help, please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have on your mind Mr./Mrs. Jennim !! Anyways, did you get an email from your department congratulating you on your offer? If not, you have to wait for that email to apply for accomodation as it has your Manchester ID Number. Also, I don't think I've congratulated you on your offer: Congraaaatulations, well-earned I'm sure !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlchemistYazan)
    I'm more than happy to help, please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have on your mind Mr./Mrs. Jennim !! Anyways, did you get an email from your department congratulating you on your offer? If not, you have to wait for that email to apply for accomodation as it has your Manchester ID Number. Also, I don't think I've congratulated you on your offer: Congraaaatulations, well-earned I'm sure !
    thank you so much! i emailed them about this problem again and they made sure to fix it. Thanks for your help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.