Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP???!! Do I include this in my personal statement?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Since 2014, I had study 1st mechanical engineering at another uni, then had a year out on sick, then went back til Sep - Dec 2016 to do year 2 now I've left and I am starting an intensive HNC accounting in a week. I am applying to a accountacy degree for September this year.

Do I include all my history and why I'm changing to accountancy in my statement?

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Br0g4n)
    Since 2014, I had study 1st mechanical engineering at another uni, then had a year out on sick, then went back til Sep - Dec 2016 to do year 2 now I've left and I am starting an intensive HNC accounting in a week. I am applying to a accountacy degree for September this year.

Do I include all my history and why I'm changing to accountancy in my statement?

Thanks
    Keep it positive talk about accountancy only

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you have been ill should be mentioned within your reference. I was in a similar situation and although I put a sentence here and there about me being out of school for my year of gcse's the main reason was put in my reference by my referee.

I wouldn't go into too much detail (remember you only have 4,000 characters). The odd sentence here and there shouldn't hurt!

Good luck
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Your education history should be listed in the education section of your application. You don't need to talk about it in your PS.

ReputationRep:

Thanks

Hi, I wouldn’t mention too much about History as in your personal statement you need to show your interest in accountancy. The university will see your previous education in the rest of your UCAS application so just focus on why you want to study accounting in your personal statement. You can mention being ill but I would keep that as brief as possible as your personal statement should be focused on your subject as much as possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Molly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.