Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How the heck am i meant to afford this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I saw Nintendos Switch presentation yesterday and i was pretty hyped seeing the new Mario Zelda 1 2 Switch and the like and was going to order the thing £280 is a lot but not much more than I was Hoping for so I hoped on to amazon and saw the price of the games. IT'S £60 :bricks:I know that most new consoles have games that cost about £60 but Nintendo has always had a fair price point and now if I bought 2 games it'd cost me £120.

If i had bought the consoleI'd have cost me £340 (because you need to buy a game too) which is way way way too much if the prices drop to around pc or Bone ps4 levels I'll probably get the thing but how the hell can I afford to game if these are the currant prices.

Oh and paid online.

so yeah how can I afford this.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes new consoles are bundled with a game. Although a second controller is very pricey too.

I think a lot of companies now are trying to make the headline item cheaper but then make all the accessories super expensive..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Sometimes new consoles are bundled with a game. Although a second controller is very pricey too.

I think a lot of companies now are trying to make the headline item cheaper but then make all the accessories super expensive..
    true but thats only one game the last console I had was the wii and i had 14 games for that and they only cost £40 or less (although I ant remember how much games cost when the wii was new because i bought it 2 years in to it's product cycle)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    true but thats only one game the last console I had was the wii and i had 14 games for that and they only cost £40 or less (although I ant remember how much games cost when the wii was new because i bought it 2 years in to it's product cycle)
    Prices for games have been around £30-70 quid for about 25 years now. I'd agree that £60 feels expensive though.

ReputationRep:
    When the wii came out PS3 games were on average £40 all that's happening is Nintendo keeping up with the market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

Nintendo tried that with the wii u and lost loads of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    When the wii came out PS3 games were on average £40 all that's happening is Nintendo keeping up with the market.
    the thing is though(after a search on game new unreleased PS4 games are around the £40 mark (giver or take)and slightly older released games are around the £30 mark I mean if Nintendo as they claim want to recapture the casual market they'll need to under cut or match those prices.

ReputationRep:
    I saw Nintendos Switch presentation yesterday and i was pretty hyped seeing the new Mario Zelda 1 2 Switch and the like and was going to order the thing £280 is a lot but not much more than I was Hoping for so I hoped on to amazon and saw the price of the games. IT'S £60 :bricks:I know that most new consoles have games that cost about £60 but Nintendo has always had a fair price point and now if I bought 2 games it'd cost me £120.

If i had bought the consoleI'd have cost me £340 (because you need to buy a game too) which is way way way too much if the prices drop to around pc or Bone ps4 levels I'll probably get the thing but how the hell can I afford to game if these are the currant prices.

Oh and paid online.

The answer is simple - wit until they're cheaper

Ask your self this?;

Do need the console & games now? No.. you dont

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeYou2Night)
    The answer is simple - wit until they're cheaper

Ask your self this?;

Do need the console & games now? No.. you dont
    Do you think they'll get cheaper?

It just feels like the wii u again (i didn't get the wii u) but with games I want.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they'll get cheaper?

It just feels like the wii u again (i didn't get the wii u) but with games I want.
    It will, you might just have to wait a while or somehow get more money

ReputationRep:

Oh and paid online.

Rich uncle? Everyone has one im sure

ReputationRep:
    I always thought that the games for the Wii U were expensive on release but then again I haven't had one for a couple of years. Yeah, the price of games is getting crazy.... don't think I can afford the Switch really and as I have a PS4 Im not sure if it's even worth getting. Maybe when it releases, they'll release the games are too expensive. Hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    It will get cheaper, the high prices are just to get those who like throwing money away.

Just wait lol
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    The new Zelda is £60 on Switch and £40 on Wii U. What on earth can they possibly add on the new console version to justify a 50% price increase? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    You know what's weird all those games at £60 like Zelda arms and things are now £50 on amazon I expected a price drop but not so soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    £60? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    By a PC, You can even get decent games for free lol. So much cheaper than peasant consoles.

#PCmasterrace
    • Very Important Poster

If you buy Zelda, then play it and sell it. You will get most of your money back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    By a PC, You can even get decent games for free lol. So much cheaper than peasant consoles.

#PCmasterrace
    I have a PC it's just some of the Nintendo titles and the thing it's self looks so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)

#PCmasterrace
    tHE OP was complaining the about the price of a sub £300 console and you are recommending they get into PC gaming!
    So just how much does a ninja pc rig cost these days ? Plus all the associated peripherals, then there's shelf life of graphics cards, extra memory, not to mention the knowledge required to run one efficiently! Before you even start buying games.

#pcmasturbaterrace

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.