Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How the heck am i meant to afford this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Word. I'm staying clear from buying too many nintendo games. Probably will only get zelda and that's about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCosmicWizard)
    tHE OP was complaining the about the price of a sub £300 console and you are recommending they get into PC gaming!
    So just how much does a ninja pc rig cost these days ? Plus all the associated peripherals, then there's shelf life of graphics cards, extra memory, not to mention the knowledge required to run one efficiently! Before you even start buying games.

#pcmasturbaterrace
    About the price of a few console games.

#PCmasterrace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    About the price of a few console games.

#PCmasturbaterrace.

Riiiiiight , and I suppose that's if you build it your self?

So the games that the OP wants to play are available on the PC are they?

ReputationRep:
    Riiiiiight , and I suppose that's if you build it your self?

So the games that the OP wants to play are available on the PC are they?
    You can buy a PC for the same price as a console and it will still have better performance though. And thats not including all the £60 console games.

#PCMasterRace

Only reason to buy a nintendo is for legend of zelda lol. It's literally just a legend of zelda machine.

#ConsolePeasants

ReputationRep:
    I'd hope that those prices are placeholders. I don't think Nintendo UK are dumb enough to charge £60 for games.

Then again, the accessories for the Switch are absurdly overpriced. Maybe they are dumb enough.

ReputationRep:
    You can buy a PC for the same price as a console and it will still have better performance though. And thats not including all the £60 console games.

#PCButtMasterRace

Only reason to buy a nintendo is for legend of zelda lol. It's literally just a legend of zelda machine.

#ConsolePleasants
    I doubt very much, you can buy a gaming rig for the same price as a console off the shelf ready to go? Please prove me wrong.

And.
    It run as effortlessly as a console and have exactly the same games released at the same time.
    Thats the only reason YOU would have a Nintendo , not everyone else , that's called a sweeping generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt very much, you can buy a gaming rig for the same price as a console off the shelf ready to go? Please prove me wrong.

And.
    It run as effortlessly as a console and have exactly the same games released at the same time.
    Thats the only reason YOU would have a Nintendo , not everyone else , that's called a sweeping generalisation.

https://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/?s=22,29&f=,42

I bought one off this website a while ago. Now I just replace parts every once in a while. The cheapest one is £730, but that's still with the lastest graphics card GTX 1050.

You can find much cheaper PCs with older graphics cards going on Ebay for the same price as consoles. And probably from actual companies as well if you search for it. Every time a new set of graphics cards are released all the previous PCs become way cheaper. You can just stay a few versions behind and not have all the latest stuff.

ReputationRep:

I bought one off this website a while ago. Now I just replace parts every once in a while. The cheapest one is £730, but that's still with the lastest graphics card GTX 1050.

You can find much cheaper PCs with older graphics cards going on Ebay for the same price as consoles. And probably from actual companies as well if you search for it. Every time a new set of graphics cards are released all the previous PCs become way cheaper. You can just stay a few versions behind and not have all the latest stuff.
    Thank you . You have just proven my point £730>£249
    I could get a Switch a PS 4 PRO a couple of games for that!

It is intrinsically more expensive to pc game than console game, you said your self you have to continually upgrade to be able to play new games. Trying to compare the two is a moot point as they both serve different markets.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you . You have just proven my point £730>£249
    I could get a Switch a PS 4 PRO a couple of games for that!

It is intrinsically more expensive to pc game than console game, you said your self you have to continually upgrade to be able to play new games. Trying to compare the two is a moot point as they both serve different markets.
    I gave you a link to a PC with the most up to date hardware lol.

You can get PCs from 2 generations ago that still perform better than consoles. The expensive thing about consoles is the games. after 10 £60 games it's the price of a PC. Whereas you could literally get 30 games for the price of one console game on PC (depending which games, lots of variation, but you never have to pay £60 for a PC game).
    A lot of good games on PC are close to being free, or are free because you get free give aways on origin and steam. + steam sales

You don't have to continually upgrade to play games. You only upgrade if you're a massive nerd and want to play everything at max settings. That's literally the only reason I ever change my graphics card. I could be using one from 5 years ago and still play the same games.

ReputationRep:
    I gave you a link to a PC with the most up to date hardware lol.

You can get PCs from 2 generations ago that still perform better than consoles. The expensive thing about consoles is the games. after 10 £60 games it's the price of a PC. Whereas you could literally get 30 games for the price of one console game on PC (depending which games, lots of variation, but you never have to pay £60 for a PC game).
    A lot of good games on PC are close to being free, or are free because you get free give aways on origin and steam. + steam sales

You don't have to continually upgrade to play games. You only upgrade if you're a massive nerd and want to play everything at max settings. That's literally the only reason I ever change my graphics card. I could be using one from 5 years ago and still play the same games.
    Ok sweet! I'm sold !

Can you post me a link where I can download Nintendo switch games on Steam or Origin please?

ReputationRep:
    Ok sweet! I'm sold !

Can you post me a link where I can download Nintendo switch games on Steam or Origin please?
    http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=emulators

Idk what switch is but this is for legend of zelda lel.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=emulators

Idk what switch is but this is for legend of zelda lel.
    :facepalm:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-...h-1148779.html

This has been the entire point of the debate. Or so I thought !

ReputationRep:

well my first post was just pointing out that consoles games are £60 whereas PC games range from Free to much less than £60.

ReputationRep:

woah m8 that's a total ripoff for a 1050 based pc lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kravence)
    woah m8 that's a total ripoff for a 1050 based pc lol
    ye I know haha I don't buy ready-made PCs anymore.

ReputationRep:
    ye I know haha I don't buy ready-made PCs anymore.
    good, we must put an end to prebuilts

ReputationRep:

it is

ReputationRep:
    Switch console, accessories and games are all priced too high. Nintendo will notice this when no one is buying their products, and drop the price a month later

£249 console, £35-£39 games, £50 joycon controllers and an online service that doesn't require you to have your smart phone in your other hand would have been a good starting point.

FYI, offering a PC build to someone who is interested in a Nintendo console isn't very smart

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.