Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am Kumar Prashant from Jawaharlal Nehru University, India. I am a BA 2nd year student planning to apply for an MPhil in Development Studies 2018-19. Right now, I am pursuing my BA in Russian Language and Literature, which is entirely different from what I wish to do ahead. However, I have a few optional modules like International Relations, African Literature, Environment, Anthropological Theories of Societies and Culture and others. On the positive side, I have maintained high first class grades 8.6/9 which is the top thing in the class. I hope to pass with an 8.0+/9 degree.

I have worked with research organisations, working at three places for two months each, one on which Centre for Study of Developing Societies, is very reputed. I have presented three papers at top institutes of the country, all on development. I have published a paper with my professor (on Chechen War and Post USSR War Stories), and the second one shall be published in 2018 (On silk route) under a different professor. My undergrad dissertation is on USSR and its development.

I have also won several awards, including one from the President of the country on a science project (won the national level) that focused on sustainable agriculture and a gold medal at the state level for child rights. But this was when I was at school.

I am a freelance journalist who has written more than 100 articles and reports for a variety of newspapers and portals. I work for the campus newspaper and aim to be its editor next year. I am a member of Collective: a left writing group and a volunteer at Gender Sensitization Committee against Sexual Harassment at college.

I have zero international experience, plus I am looking for funding as well.

How strong are my chances of getting an admission? What more do I need to do to get it for sure?

Since I still have a year left (I start my application in Oct 2017) what more can I do to make myself a better candidate?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.