Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im looking at various business and management degrees out there and have found that some do more modules than others, like some unis have 5-6 modules per year and some have 8 modules per year.

Is business and management that hard that it requires lots of modules and therefore more exams?

Also, what is business and management like? I haven't done business GCSE or ALEVEL before so would I be at a disadvantage?

Does the content in business and management relatable to real life events etc?

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluxanda)
    Im looking at various business and management degrees out there and have found that some do more modules than others, like some unis have 5-6 modules per year and some have 8 modules per year.
    doesn't matter does it? It's like the old joke about the fella wanting his pizza cut into 4 because “I'm not hungry enough to eat 8". The quantity's the same however you cut it up, and one of the universities that has the fewest course per year, it is 4, is the LSE that is likely best for this.

More generally my own prejudice about undergraduate business and management is that it is a load of nonsense.The theorizing of common sense. You'd be better off doing a degree in e.g. Finance and Accounting or Computer Information Systems, which confer hard skills that businesses actually want. Who wants a 21 year old CEO?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    doesn't matter does it? It's like the old joke about the fella wanting his pizza cut into 4 because “I'm not hungry enough to eat 8". The quantity's the same however you cut it up, and one of the universities that has the fewest course per year, it is 4, is the LSE that is likely best for this.

More generally my own prejudice about undergraduate business and management is that it is a load of nonsense.The theorizing of common sense. You'd be better off doing a degree in e.g. Finance and Accounting or Computer Information Systems, which confer hard skills that businesses actually want. Who wants a 21 year old CEO?
    I only recently dropped out of a computer science course at university due to it being really overwhelming and pressuring on me as there were many modules involved.

I'm just curious on what the actual degree is like more than say if it will be a useful degree.

ReputationRep:
    bump

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.