Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm normally really good at this subject, and my teacher has really high expectations of me. However, I did terribly in my last test, and now my favourite teacher is disappointed in me. He thinks I'm not taking the subject seriously, but that's not it. I was genuinely just having an 'off' day.

I'm scared of going into my next lesson with him, because I'm worried he doesn't think highly of me anymore, and that I might fail again.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Awwww, maybe just let him know that you were honestly just having an off day and you're still as committed as ever

Don't be scared, bless. Don't worry about your teacher too much, he'll have forgotten and gotten over it by next class. This is your education so don't beat yourself up about it

(Original post by ckfeister)
    Is this a very young kid or a troll?
    Are you serious? Just because I'm upset about my grades that makes me either a young kid or a troll? I am neither.

(Original post by sleepinglions)
    Awwww, maybe just let him know that you were honestly just having an off day and you're still as committed as ever

Don't be scared, bless. Don't worry about your teacher too much, he'll have forgotten and gotten over it by next class. This is your education so don't beat yourself up about it
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm normally really good at this subject, and my teacher has really high expectations of me. However, I did terribly in my last test, and now my favourite teacher is disappointed in me. He thinks I'm not taking the subject seriously, but that's not it. I was genuinely just having an 'off' day.

I'm scared of going into my next lesson with him, because I'm worried he doesn't think highly of me anymore, and that I might fail again.

What should I do?
    OP, I have been in your shoes before. Honestly just laugh it off. We all have bad days and your teacher is probably concerned about you. You might have mistook what they meant. Your teacher just regards you as a high achieving student and was surprised for that one test. Dw, you will do better. Were all human right? No one is perfect.

Prove your teacher wrong. Next time you get a good score he will know that you are serious.

Don't get stressed about it. If you want tell your teacher about how you felt as well.

ReputationRep:
    Your teacher was once in school too, and probably failed a fair few tests himself.
    He'll understand, just revise well and do better in the next one!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.