Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how exactly clearing (or Extra) works for medicine? I don't really understand the explanation given on the UCAS site(?) Also I'm an international student and will probably be sleeping when clearing opens ... can international students even go through clearing?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know how it works so someone else would probably be better at explaining this. However, medicine isn't usually in clearing because there are so many competitive applicants in the first place. I think last year was the first year when a medicine course entered clearing and even then it was just one university. It might be that this year there are no medicine courses in clearing at all. You could always get lucky but don't get your hopes up. If you have four rejections already I'd start thinking about how to improve your application for next year or whether you maybe should apply to your home country or something.

I don't see why internationals wouldn't be able to go through clearing. It's unfortunate that the timing is inconvenient to you but if you end up in that situation you could maybe consider staying up just once if it means getting a place in medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Last year 2 unis, st George and Southampton went through clearing- I'm fairly sure it was just for home students tho, as they had to interview on the day of results or the next day

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.