Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a final year BEng Chemical Engineering student, I've applied for Msc Advanced Chemical engineering at Imperial and currently I'm on a lower first (73.1%) ... I have no work experience ! Is it likely that they will accept me ? Their requirements state that you have to get a higher 2:1 or 1st class, but I've heard a lot of people saying that if you don't have an average of 75% and above, Imperial won't even consider you... I hope it's not true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayKakes)
    I'm a final year BEng Chemical Engineering student, I've applied for Msc Advanced Chemical engineering at Imperial and currently I'm on a lower first (73.1%) ... I have no work experience ! Is it likely that they will accept me ? Their requirements state that you have to get a higher 2:1 or 1st class, but I've heard a lot of people saying that if you don't have an average of 75% and above, Imperial won't even consider you... I hope it's not true
    Hi,

Did you get an offer from Imperial? I'm considering applying next year but I wanna know how strict they are on the grade entry requirements. Do you know anyone who got in with a high 2:1?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am in the same position. I am currently on a 2:1 but I have some great industrial experience. But I want to know if it is even worth me applying? Did you get an offer from imperial in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrina09)
    Hey,

I am in the same position. I am currently on a 2:1 but I have some great industrial experience. But I want to know if it is even worth me applying? Did you get an offer from imperial in the end?
    Yes I ended up getting an offer .

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!

So would you recommend I apply if im on a high 2:1 and not a first? What do you think my chances are? Also did you have an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what is chemical engineering like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrina09)
    Congrats!!

So would you recommend I apply if im on a high 2:1 and not a first? What do you think my chances are? Also did you have an interview?
    Yes, definitely apply. Mention that you have industrial experience in your personal statement. And no i didn’t get interviewed

ReputationRep:
    Yes, definitely apply. Mention that you have industrial experience in your personal statement. And no i didn’t get interviewed
    Thank you for quick responses! Sorry just one last question; how quick were they in responding to your application?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.