Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I HATE the sound of hoovers... Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody else have a strong hatred towards the horrible sound that hoovers/vacuum cleaners make?
    My mum hoovers up for 20+ minutes EVERY day, usually whilst I am trying to study in peace. The noise just makes me feel so agitated and frustrated.
    If I had no conscience or moral values, I would go up to the hoover right now and smash it to pieces with my bare hands and feet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeCroissant)
    Does anybody else have a strong hatred towards the horrible sound that hoovers/vacuum cleaners make?
    My mum hoovers up for 20+ minutes EVERY day, usually whilst I am trying to study in peace. The noise just makes me feel so agitated and frustrated.
    If I had no conscience or moral values, I would go up to the hoover right now and smash it to pieces with my bare hands and feet.
    I want to eat you...

ReputationRep:
    loud noises make me angry lmfao, i absolutely hate hoovers and pressure cookers

ReputationRep:
    If the noise is disturbing then discuss it with your mum. Otherwise it's really not a big deal. You'll have to hoover for yourself one day, be thankful your mum is doing the chores and not you

ReputationRep:
    the sound of the Hoover™.... it sucks

ReputationRep:
    I've never liked the sound of hoovers, I was terrified of the hoover when I was little. I dislike any loud sound really, especially if they're prolonged like hoovers or food processors

ReputationRep:
    Same, used to have nightmares about noonoo from the teletubbies when I was young

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It is actually annoying, they're so loud.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why does she hoover everyday? There's no need for it.

ReputationRep:
    if she hoovers every day u guys must be dirty af

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't think they're supposed to be appealing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Why does she hoover everyday? There's no need for it.
    I ask her this a lot and she just says "Because I like keeping things clean."
    Even though the carpet was clean before she started hoovering...

(Original post by Inexorably)
    if she hoovers every day u guys must be dirty af
    You'd think so, but we actually aren't. Our house is spotless- it looks like a show home. I think my mum has OCD.
    She also mops the wooden floors TWICE a day even though we all walk around in [clean] socks and there's rarely anything to be mopped up anyway. Sigh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    If the noise is disturbing then discuss it with your mum. Otherwise it's really not a big deal. You'll have to hoover for yourself one day, be thankful your mum is doing the chores and not you
    I hoover my own room and I don't mind doing that. But she hoovers the rest of the house every single day and the noise is horrible to listen to-especially for 20-30 minute time periods.
    I have discussed this with her in the past and she said "I don't need your permission to keep the house clean and tidy".

(Original post by the bear)
    the sound of the Hoover™.... it sucks
    hoovers don't deserve capitalisation.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Well, I don't think they're supposed to be appealing.
    But imagine having to listen to it every single day!!! It's even worse when she uses the nozzle on our furniture...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I ask her this a lot and she just says "Because I like keeping things clean."
    Even though the carpet was clean before she started hoovering...

You'd think so, but we actually aren't. Our house is spotless- it looks like a show home. I think my mum has OCD.
    She also mops the wooden floors TWICE a day even though we all walk around in [clean] socks and there's rarely anything to be mopped up anyway. Sigh.
    She's weird. I like to keep stuff clean too, but I didn't hoover my room everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its pretty annoying and I can't wait till its over especially when my mum hoovers like 3 times a day but I hate the sound of eating even more than anything.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hoovers as in the products made by the company Hoover or vacuum cleaners in general? A dyson doesn't sound so bad

ReputationRep:
    Some of them are a lot quieter than others - go to the library and find the latest WHICH review.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    It is actually annoying, they're so loud.
    Solid profile picture. I love Prison Break!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    Solid profile picture. I love Prison Break!
    Thank you. Waiting for the new season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Yeah its pretty annoying and I can't wait till its over especially when my mum hoovers like 3 times a day but I hate the sound of eating even more than anything.
    I feel your pain! And what!? 3 times a day?? I thought my mum was bad haha.
    I don't mind the sound of eating but it depends on how the person eats really.

(Original post by retro_turtles)
    Hoovers as in the products made by the company Hoover or vacuum cleaners in general? A dyson doesn't sound so bad
    Vacuum cleaners in general. Especially the really noisy ones. The one my mum uses is incredibly noisy because the vacuum is really powerful (apparently if something like a spider gets sucked up into it, it gets blown to pieces).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.