Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I HATE the sound of hoovers... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeCroissant)
    I feel your pain! And what!? 3 times a day?? I thought my mum was bad haha.
    I don't mind the sound of eating but it depends on how the person eats really.

Vacuum cleaners in general. Especially the really noisy ones. The one my mum uses is incredibly noisy because the vacuum is really powerful (apparently if something like a spider gets sucked up into it, it gets blown to pieces).
    Haha awhhh and yeah loolll. its really annoying, like when will dis end she hates when we walk on the carpet because it ruins the 'pattern' so she vacuums it a gazillion times to keep the pattern straight lol
    Awwwhhh bless, i didnt think there was a problem with hating the sound of eating and I was talking to my friend one day and she said it was a brain disorder called 'misophonia'
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Haha awhhh and yeah loolll. its really annoying, like when will dis end she hates when we walk on the carpet because it ruins the 'pattern' so she vacuums it a gazillion times to keep the pattern straight lol
    Awwwhhh bless, i didnt think there was a problem with hating the sound of eating and I was talking to my friend one day and she said it was a brain disorder called 'misophonia'
    The actually made me laugh so much :rofl::rofl::rofl: ^^
    My mum does a similar thing with our wooden floors. She mops them twice a day to get rid of the footprints from our socks/feet?? And if we walk on the floor after she's mopped it, she gets so angry haha.
    Hmm it sounds like you probably have misophonia then! Does it affect you badly when you have to eat with family and friends?

ReputationRep:
    The actually made me laugh so much :rofl::rofl::rofl: ^^
    My mum does a similar thing with our wooden floors. She mops them twice a day to get rid of the footprints from our socks/feet?? And if we walk on the floor after she's mopped it, she gets so angry haha.
    Hmm it sounds like you probably have misophonia then! Does it affect you badly when you have to eat with family and friends?
    lmao its true like legit, if only I had a magic carpet so I float and not touch the carpet lol.
    thts so peak haha trust me like after she vacumms for the first time in the morning, she's like don't walk on the carpet too much, like tf, whats 'too much' meant to mean, ill walk as much as I want
    Yuppp, and yess oml trust me, like tht sloppy sound when ppl eat, oml, my dad does tht to annoy me sometimes or he just eats like tht and I literally, have a hissy fit, roll around tryna cover my ears so I can't hear it, I feel so angry like I wanaa strangle someone, or I just stomp off and then my parents dont understand so they think im givin em cheek or being moody

ReputationRep:
    hmm, maybe you could do what my dog does and hide in the cupboard

ReputationRep:
    I hoover my own room and I don't mind doing that. But she hoovers the rest of the house every single day and the noise is horrible to listen to-especially for 20-30 minute time periods.
    I have discussed this with her in the past and she said "I don't need your permission to keep the house clean and tidy".
    Ultimately she is right, it is her house and not yours although hoovering daily is a little excessive.

On the other hand it's half an hour a day. Just revise some other time? It's not a big deal and you will have to deal with the noise at some point. Getting worked up about it doesn't help.

I feel like if you have discussed her hoovering when you are trying to revise and that was her response then you've got bigger problems than the hoovering. But I also highly doubt that's how the conversation went.

If your mum hoovering the house at an inconvenient time for you bothers you then maybe you should start hoovering the house. Do it at a time that suits you instead. Problem solved.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    lmao its true like legit, if only I had a magic carpet so I float and not touch the carpet lol.
    thts so peak haha trust me like after she vacumms for the first time in the morning, she's like don't walk on the carpet too much, like tf, whats 'too much' meant to mean, ill walk as much as I want
    Yuppp, and yess oml trust me, like tht sloppy sound when ppl eat, oml, my dad does tht to annoy me sometimes or he just eats like tht and I literally, have a hissy fit, roll around tryna cover my ears so I can't hear it, I feel so angry like I wanaa strangle someone, or I just stomp off and then my parents dont understand so they think im givin em cheek or being moody
    Hahahaha just tell your mum to take a picture of the carpet's pattern when it looks nice because it will last longer :lol:
    Or turn your walls into rock climbing walls so you won't have to walk on the carpet

Ughhhh I hate it when people eat like that haha. Another sound I hate is when people snort up phlegm...so gross!

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha just tell your mum to take a picture of the carpet's pattern when it looks nice because it will last longer :lol:
    Or turn your walls into rock climbing walls so you won't have to walk on the carpet

Ughhhh I hate it when people eat like that haha. Another sound I hate is when people snort up phlegm...so gross!
    LMAO tht was funny :toofunny:
    I think we need to yano or I'll buy a magic carpet to float on instead of walking
    OML yes, my dad does that while I'm tryna eat, like ew. Just cuz you finished eating, don't mean you can ruin it for me >_>
    I was having a sandwich the other day and my dad showed me a video of a worm coming out a ferrero rocher
    It was f**king disgusting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.