Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GPs urged to commit to seven-day service or lose funding Watch

ReputationRep:
    GPs urged to commit to seven-day service or lose funding http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38620935

This isn't possible. Spreading the work force thinner over a greater time period just won't leave the NHS in a fit state, what does the government hope to achieve?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

GPs need to treat gov officials as they're clearly insane

ReputationRep:
    Less and less medical students are going into GP, and this move will only cement the current stigmatisms!

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely think the conservatives are determined to destroy the NHS, so that they can then put forward a case for privatisation.

What they're doing is absolutely sickening.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheExtrovertGod)
    :rofl:

GPs need to treat gov officials as they're clearly insane

ReputationRep:
    The conservatives are utterly ridiculous. Because of them we're leaving Europe, now to solve our NHS crisis they want to look to european countries to recruit GP's? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...huania-greece/ You can't make these things up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asiangcse)
    The conservatives are utterly ridiculous. Because of them we're leaving Europe, now to solve our NHS crisis they want to look to european countries to recruit GP's? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...huania-greece/ You can't make these things up.
    It was going to happen one way or another, what would you perfer UKIP or Conservatives?

(Original post by Inexorably)
    I genuinely think the conservatives are determined to destroy the NHS, so that they can then put forward a case for privatisation.

What they're doing is absolutely sickening.
    They trying to make it effective, as they think its government they try and spend as much as they want while asking for more and more. Also, where would the money come from? Tax rises which I'm sure people won't mind though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    They trying to make it effective, as they think its government they try and spend as much as they want while asking for more and more. Also, where would the money come from? Tax rises which I'm sure people won't mind though.
    Okay, and how does ******** on GPs make the NHS "more effective"?

If A&E is spilling out into the hospital car park because of a lack of acute care and ITU beds during winter time, how is that the GP's fault?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattJacks)
    GPs urged to commit to seven-day service or lose funding http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38620935

This isn't possible. Spreading the work force thinner over a greater time period just won't leave the NHS in a fit state, what does the government hope to achieve?
    So if we currently had more 7-day GP services, and the government was trying to change that to reduce weekend services, would you support that, or would you accuse the government of trying to "scale back the NHS"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    So if we currently had more 7-day GP services, and the government was trying to change that to reduce weekend services, would you support that, or would you accuse the government of trying to "scale back the NHS"?
    Well if we had a work force capable of coping either 7 day NHS and the move was the push back the NHS then no i wouldn't support it? But we don't have a capable work force to stretch to a 7 day (I say that, but hospitals are mostly already 7 day but you know what I mean).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Okay, and how does ******** on GPs make the NHS "more effective"?

If A&E is spilling out into the hospital car park because of a lack of acute care and ITU beds during winter time, how is that the GP's fault?
    What are they doing with the funds? Do we know? No.

ReputationRep:
    What are they doing with the funds? Do we know? No.
    Who is "they"? And which particular "funds" are you speaking about?

ReputationRep:
    Who is "they"? And which particular "funds" are you speaking about?
    The funds that the directors said is required till 2020, don't forget this " 7 day NHS " isn't new.

ReputationRep:
    The funds that the directors said is required till 2020, don't forget this " 7 day NHS " isn't new.
    What are you on about? How does this answer what I asked you, or indeed my first question about how GPs can't magically fix a lack of beds in hospital?

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about? How does this answer what I asked you, or indeed my first question about how GPs can't magically fix a lack of beds in hospital?
    Who said how much they need until 2020? Who also extra funding on top of it to make sure they survive probably? Where is the funding going to? Your a " democracy " account, where the democracy on saying how its spent?

ReputationRep:
    Who said how much they need until 2020? Who also extra funding on top of it to make sure they survive probably? Where is the funding going to? Your a " democracy " account, where the democracy on saying how its spent?
    From one non-sequitur to another...I can't make out head or tail of what you're trying to say so I think we're probably done here.

ReputationRep:
    From one non-sequitur to another...I can't make out head or tail of what you're trying to say so I think we're probably done here.
    Funds, is it used wisely? It seems to have too much (labour elected) or too little (conservatives), you are on medicine forum meaning lots of new junior doctors and the likes you seem to be getting I bet want to work in NHS.

ReputationRep:
    ... where the democracy on saying how its spent?
    Poll the public on how to spend NHS funds and you'd end up spending 90% of the health budget on 'kicking out the immigrants' I guarantee it.

Hospitals all publish public accounts - how many of those have you read recently, seeing as you feel so strongly?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Funds, is it used wisely? It seems to have too much (labour elected) or too little (conservatives), you are on medicine forum meaning lots of new junior doctors and the likes you seem to be getting I bet want to work in NHS.
    What do you currently study or have you studied?
    Politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asiangcse)
    The conservatives are utterly ridiculous. Because of them we're leaving Europe,
    Not quite sure how you came to that conclusion

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.