Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bath vs Manchester vs Birmingham vs Liverpool vs Newcastle Watch

• Political Ambassador

(Original post by jneill)
    Um, not really. They are all excellent universities.

But this thread might need a tidy up..........
    Do you know anyone who could help????
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Do you know anyone who could help????
    Why can't you visit? This is a personal decision that only you can make.

You have until May to visit, and decide.
    • Political Ambassador

Why can't you visit? This is a personal decision that only you can make.

You have until May to visit, and decide.
    Well, I don't really have time. I'll only have 2 breaks of one week in which I'll still have private lessons, the universities are really far from one another so I couldn't visit each one and I can't miss school.

That's why insights and opinions would be really useful.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Well, I don't really have time. I'll only have 2 breaks of one week in which I'll still have private lessons, the universities are really far from one another so I couldn't visit each one and I can't miss school.

That's why insights and opinions would be really useful.
    Have you visited any at all? You need to visit somewhere you will be spending the next 3 or 4 years of your life studying and living.

Where in the country are you?

e.g. Manchester and Liverpool are close to each other. Birmingham is not that much further.
    • Political Ambassador

Have you visited any at all? You need to visit somewhere you will be spending the next 3 or 4 years of your life studying and living.

Where in the country are you?

e.g. Manchester and Liverpool are close to each other. Birmingham is not that much further.
    I'm in Romania so I'd have to go there for at least a week to visit them. I've only been to London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I'm in Romania so I'd have to go there for at least a week to visit them. I've only been to London.
    We'll talk about it more tomorrow
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Even more important then. Sorry, I know it's inconvenient, but realistically you should visit.

Liverpool and Manchester are large cities, built on a faded Victorian heritage and now being improved, modernised and redeveloped. Newcastle is a smaller city, also with a Victorian heritage. Birmingham is the 2nd largest city in England. The universities are all a key part of their various cities.

Whereas Bath is a rather small city, but beautiful and therefore full of tourists. And Bath University is not in the city, it's in a modern campus on a hill overlooking the city.

You could spend a week touring Bath, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool. Newcastle is a bit more out of the way...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.