Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What you think you got. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

This is very difficult because i didn't finish my exams i only took half of them

Biology A2 = Hoping for a C but i missed some exams and i have no idea how they will mark it now.

Chemistry AS = Was meant to be doing chemistry A2 but missed all the papers. Would be amazing if i got a C but its much more likely to be a D.

I find it difficult to predict my grades because firstly i havn't got a clue really and secondly i don't want to tempt fate But i would really be happy if i got BBBB although it would be even better if my drama grade was an A. I am a bit worried about art, i was thinking i might get a B but now im not even sure if i will manage to get a C...

ReputationRep:
    *Hates the waiting and is sick of thinking about it*

ReputationRep:
    Ditto Ellie4. Im petrified+hate the idea of predictions...it reminds me of gcse r.s.-grrrr.the whole year round in tests I achieved a*s, even in the ones I didn't revise for. I got an a in the actual exam. 1% off a*. When it was re-marked, they still didn't lift the grade, and for me, I thought it was one of the only subjects I was going to get an a* in. Well, this year it's the turn of the dreaded as levels...and I cherish every moment of the 'not knowingness'! I found all my exams rather challenging, not so much in terms of content, but time constraints (I'm the single slowest writer I know!) I'm pretty certain that I haven't fulfilled my potential as set at the start of Year 12. Oh deary me.
    Eek! :eek: Good luck everyone. Hope you get what you wish for.
    Squid :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squideye)
    Ditto Ellie4. Im petrified+hate the idea of predictions...it reminds me of gcse r.s.-grrrr.the whole year round in tests I achieved a*s, even in the ones I didn't revise for. I got an a in the actual exam. 1% off a*. When it was re-marked, they still didn't lift the grade, and for me, I thought it was one of the only subjects I was going to get an a* in. Well, this year it's the turn of the dreaded as levels...and I cherish every moment of the 'not knowingness'! I found all my exams rather challenging, not so much in terms of content, but time constraints (I'm the single slowest writer I know!) I'm pretty certain that I haven't fulfilled my potential as set at the start of Year 12. Oh deary me.
    Eek! :eek: Good luck everyone. Hope you get what you wish for.
    Squid :cool:
    What subjects did you do?

ReputationRep:
    A2:
    English Lit: A/B
    History: A/B
    Psychology: A
    Biology: B/C

I'm just really worried about my English Lit grade. If it's not an A I'm in trouble

ReputationRep:
    I did...in some sort of round-about way lol...English Lit, German, Psychology and Religious Studies...oh yeah , and stoopid General Studies-compulsory yak!

ReputationRep:
    I did...in some sort of round-about way lol...English Lit, German, Psychology and Religious Studies...oh yeah , and stoopid General Studies-compulsory yak!
    Which exam board for German?

ReputationRep:
    Aqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    *Hates the waiting and is sick of thinking about it*
    What is it that you want to do? career wise?

ReputationRep:
    Aqa
    Me too! Did you find the writing impossible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    What is it that you want to do? career wise?
    No idea! Maybe some sort of management consultancy. I'm keeping my options open for now though.

ReputationRep:
    AVCE ICT double award (18 units)

Confirmed grades:

For my AVCE I got:

Unit 1 - B
    Unit 2 - B
    Unit 3 - B
    Unit 4 - B
    Unit 5 - C
    Unit 6 - B

Unit 7 - B
    Unit 8 - B
    Unit 9 - B
    Unit 10 - B
    Unit 12 - D
    Unit 13 - A
    Unit 16 - A
    Unit 19 - E
    Unit 22 - D
    Unit 23 - B
    Unit 25 - B
    Unit 26 - B

Looking at final grades of AB/BB + extra points from my additional 6 units

ReputationRep:
    German - A/B
    Economics - A
    Maths - A
    Chemistry - B/A

ReputationRep:
    Well, my oral presentation was on Atomenergie (that went horrible too), so the non-optional environment thing on nuclear power was alright as I could actually recall it properly the second time round!-having said that, I've probably still done crap! However, q1/2-which 1 did you do? I did the one about the Auswirkungen for people in the EU market economy, but completely misunderstood and waffled on about opportunities to travel, study etc. and then had to rush a rubbish last para at the end to describe the 'negative Auswirkungen', e.g. Steuer, illegale Einwandere-because I'd focused on all the marvellous opportunities! I didn't use my time well, so all in all-yes.It was horrible.
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well, my oral presentation was on Atomenergie (that went horrible too), so the non-optional environment thing on nuclear power was alright as I could actually recall it properly the second time round!-having said that, I've probably still done crap! However, q1/2-which 1 did you do? I did the one about the Auswirkungen for people in the EU market economy, but completely misunderstood and waffled on about opportunities to travel, study etc. and then had to rush a rubbish last para at the end to describe the 'negative Auswirkungen', e.g. Steuer, illegale Einwandere-because I'd focused on all the marvellous opportunities! I didn't use my time well, so all in all-yes.It was horrible.
    :confused:
    Yep completely agree! The first q was horrible (it seems everyone didn't realy understand the q) I did the same one as you and misinterpreted it too. The Umwelt one was pretty good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    German - A/B
    Chemistry - B/A
    Is that hinting that you are more expecting an A in German than in Chem?

ReputationRep:
    Biology = A/B
    Physics = C
    Maths = C
    Further Maths = F

Which is really quite depressing as I need to get an ABB with an A in maths! Oh well

ReputationRep:
    Advanced Highers (3 days, eek!)

Maths - A
    Chemistry - A
    Biology - A/B

If I don't get three As I'm screwed :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    A levels:

Maths: A...(I kinda know I'll get this)
    Physics: B/C ...(though I REALLY have to get an A...)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.