Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How successful are you on dating apps? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This belongs in chat as it is an informal voxpop.

If you are 18+ and use the likes of Tinder or Grindr, how successful are you in getting what you're looking for?

I joined up for the first time and messaged quite a few people yesterday and not one single reply yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)

If you are 18+ and use the likes of Tinder or Grindr, how successful are you in getting what you're looking for?

I joined up for the first time and messaged quite a few people yesterday and not one single reply yet.
    It's not an app as such, but I've messaged several women on Match Me Happy and only got a response from 1 woman so far and when I reply back, she takes nearly two days between each reply. :unimpressed:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I've never used one. Considering I am barely successful in real life, I don't think it would change that much online :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I haven't used dating apps, but I've been using dating sites for a few months. None of the guys I message reply, the only messages I get are from much older men who I have no interest in. I'm planning to delete my accounts on them soon as it's not worth it for me

ReputationRep:
    Was on Tinder, OkCupid, POF for about eight months. Nothing.
    Went back on two days ago, still had mostly the same people as before, a few profile views and that was it. Deleted.

Online dating (and dating in general, I guess) is not for me. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Really bad. Get maybe 1/12 messages back,even if you target towards their profile and your profile actually has info on it.

Online dating is a joke as women have so many suitors.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on Lovoo, and I have lots of matches and likes.
    It'd be good, except for the fact that most of the people who message me are either maniacs or ask for nudes, which is obviously a poor behaviour to approach someone, in my judgement.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of one night stands, Tinder was king a few years ago, at least in Helsinki were I discovered it. Went on a few dates and most of them ended up in her bedroom. Once I matched with a girl, while drunk and immideatly asked her for sex and the answer was that "I was a prick for asking so bluntly, but why not?" So we met up and did it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)

i mean I get lots of matches now in uni vs when I was in school but most don't materialise into sex or dating.

e.g. today I got 7 matches on tinder and probs avg ~5-15 week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Never try never fail
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I tried them a few times, never again because it was so embarrassing and the people on there were people I know and are total idiots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    i mean I get lots of matches now in uni vs when I was in school but most don't materialise into sex or dating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So I've heard what happened today lol.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    So I've heard what happened today lol.
    ffs what did you even hear

ReputationRep:
    ffs what did you even hear
    Enough to question whether Karl is bullcrapping very hard or not.

ReputationRep:
    So the women never do the messaging then? Just dont want to come across as a predator thats all.

(Original post by Rhythmical)
      I tried them a few times, never again because it was so embarrassing and the people on there were people I know and are total idiots
      Heh. I started an account on a site last week, after being off the scene for a few years. Before I'd even finished setting my profile up, a girl I'd known at school found me - it showed me that she'd looked at my profile.

Sent her a message saying 'hi, how are you - fancy seeing you here' sort of thing, but no response. I figured either she's embarrassed or realized it was me and went 'oh ****' and moved on :lol:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I can't use Tinder because I dont have Facebook. What a world we live in.

ReputationRep:
      Moderately.

Better than most, not as good as some.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tootles)
      Heh. I started an account on a site last week, after being off the scene . :lol:
      How's that been going for you?

(Original post by jessyjellytot14)
        How's that been going for you?
        It's not :lol: I signed in, looked around for five minutes, and immediately remembered why I quit those sites in the first place :p:

Which, actually, is what I expected - I didn't sign up again to look for someone, I was merely wondering if it had changed. It hadn't :ms:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.