Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I never get hangovers Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So last night I went on a MASSIVE binge. Celebrating the big 18, I woke up still feeling a little drunk but like I was expecting a hangover with the headaches and body aches that people always talk about but here I am, fine. I've noticed I never get hangover symptoms but thought this would hit hard. Am I drinking right? Who knows, I'm gonna make the most of it. Anyone noticed similar stuff? When did you first start getting hungover?

I also discovered a talent I have, I can drunk text without making any big errors
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I woke up drunk once and I had to go to college. The hangover slowly set in Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    i ****ing get hangovers on the same night i'm drinking :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Yeah, I woke up drunk once and I had to go to college. The hangover slowly set in Chemistry.
    My granddad always told me the best cure to a hangover is vodka but then again he was an alcoholic, although it did work. A shot, some coffee and some paracetamol and you're good to go.

Awww just when you'd think chemistry couldn't get any worse
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    i ****ing get hangovers on the same night i'm drinking :bawling:
    That's me......:cry::cry: I envy everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    That's me......:cry::cry: I envy everyone else.
    I used to never get hangovers as well, now I'm struggling at like 1AM, the struggle is real :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    "Am I drinking right?" :laugh:

Do you always drink on a full stomach?
    In between alcoholic drinks, do you drink water and non alcoholic drinks too?
    Sometimes, even if you're drinking a **** tonne, if the alcohol % isn't high, it's easier for you body to process it

& Happy 18th! :woo:
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    I used to never get hangovers as well, now I'm struggling at like 1AM, the struggle is real :cry2:
    Maybe we're weaker now. We lost our drinking strength.

ReputationRep:
    You can't have drank that much. Also you're 18, wait until you're in your 20s.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    My granddad always told me the best cure to a hangover is vodka but then again he was an alcoholic, although it did work. A shot, some coffee and some paracetamol and you're good to go.

Awww just when you'd think chemistry couldn't get any worse
    Haha, I like both ideas.

Yes, it made it almost unbearable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Maybe we're weaker now. We lost our drinking strength.
    Probably liver damage :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    "Am I drinking right?" :laugh:

Do you always drink on a full stomach?
    In between alcoholic drinks, do you drink water and non alcoholic drinks too?
    Sometimes, even if you're drinking a **** tonne, if the alcohol % isn't high, it's easier for you body to process it

& Happy 18th! :woo:
    I tend to gulp down water just in case I puke so it's not too gross, I also worry about looking like an alcoholic the next day so I try keeping hydrated. So that's probably the secret drink water before, during and loads after. It makes me feel healthy then I remember with the alcohol it's literally just going in then out lol

I was going heavy on the spirits actually 😂 Could never get drunk on beer with all those calories yikes but I've noticed a huge difference between 6% and 4% beer

And thank you celebrated the actual day with 2 mocks so glad I made up for it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    You can't have drank that much. Also you're 18, wait until you're in your 20s.
    I guess that depends on if you class like 8 shots and a few beers as a lot yeah that's why I said I'd make the most of it lol

ReputationRep:
    I tend to gulp down water just in case I puke so it's not too gross, I also worry about looking like an alcoholic the next day so I try keeping hydrated. So that's probably the secret drink water before, during and loads after. It makes me feel healthy then I remember with the alcohol it's literally just going in then out lol

I was going heavy on the spirits actually 😂 Could never get drunk on beer with all those calories yikes but I've noticed a huge difference between 6% and 4% beer

And thank you celebrated the actual day with 2 mocks so glad I made up for it haha
    haha, yeah hangover's are to do with dehydration - so it's a good habit that you tend to drink water while drunk :lol:

So that's your secret to no hangovers!

ReputationRep:
    I guess Depends if you class like 8 shots and a few beers as a lot yeah that's why I said I'd make the most of it lol
    I've never been into spirits but I wouldn't say that's a crazy amount, definitely not if it's spaced out over 5/6 hours or something.

Happy birthday by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    haha, yeah hangover's are to do with dehydration - so it's a good habit that you tend to drink water while drunk :lol:

So that's your secret to no hangovers!
    Shh :shh::shh: i think it kills the buzz though so I hide it or else people will say I can't handle it :laugh:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I've never had one either. And trust me I've been in some states, but next morning feel fine every time.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you. I definitely can't relate lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fergijane88)
    Lucky you. I definitely can't relate lol
    course the scot comments

ReputationRep:
    18 here, don't get hangovers either!
    Although now I think about it I almost always drink water whenever I get back from wherever I've just been so 🤔 that makes sense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.