Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are you snorting cocaine while drinking?

ReputationRep:
    I think sometimes you can find a bit of a sweet spot if you drink so much that there's a decent amount of alcohol in your bloodstream in the morning; although it will wear off as the day goes on it seems you never get symptoms quite so bad as your standard wake up dead in the morning hangover.
    Like my worst hangovers seem to have been having a fairly small amount, like five pints say, and I wake up with a massive headache. But I can have 11 pints and wake up tipsy, then as the day goes on it disappears but I never get the same feeling I got in the first case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleH123)
    course the scot comments
    gotta stay true to my roots obviously x

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'm really happy for you :bigsmile:

What do you usually drink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    So last night I went on a MASSIVE binge. Celebrating the big 18, I woke up still feeling a little drunk but like I was expecting a hangover with the headaches and body aches that people always talk about but here I am, fine. I've noticed I never get hangover symptoms but thought this would hit hard. Am I drinking right? Who knows, I'm gonna make the most of it. Anyone noticed similar stuff? When did you first start getting hungover?

I also discovered a talent I have, I can drunk text without making any big errors
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    You can't have drank that much. Also you're 18, wait until you're in your 20s.
    That's because you're 18. Wait till at least 21 - 23 like Wilfred says.

ReputationRep:
    I never tend to get hangovers usually - I'm smart enough even when drunk out of my nut to understand that if you don't chug water before you go to sleep you'll wake up with a nasty headache. but then again, when I haven't drank water before sleeping I've actually just woken up not only fine but feeling really happy - probably the last little jitters of the booze

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    That's because you're 18. Wait till at least 21 - 23 like Wilfred says.
    I'm literally teetotal. Are you saying that your body actually begins to go downhill at age 21 or that constant drug and alcohol abuse will eventually lead to wear and tear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    I'm literally teetotal. Are you saying that your body actually begins to go downhill at age 21 or that constant drug and alcohol abuse will eventually lead to wear and tear?
    I'm not sure really.

When I was 14 - 18 and regularly getting drunk, I'd feel invincible. No hangovers the next day, I could get up early and function with no side effects other than mild dehydration. Now, on a really heavy night, the next two days are a write off, I'll feel really ill and have no sense of appetite. I'm much healthier now then I was back then so I'm not sure really.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure really.

When I was 14 - 18 and regularly getting drunk, I'd feel invincible. No hangovers the next day, I could get up early and function with no side effects other than mild dehydration. Now, on a really heavy night, the next two days are a right off, I'll feel really ill and have no sense of appetite. I'm much healthier now then I was back then so I'm not sure really.
    My friends who are massive pissheads said that that constant consumption definitely altered how their bodies reacted to it. I've always had an appalling tolerance of it and thought it best to just cut it all out.

ReputationRep:
    My friends who are massive pissheads said that that constant consumption definitely altered how their bodies reacted to it. I've always had an appalling tolerance of it and thought it best to just cut it all out.
    Tolerance improves with consumption. It takes me a lot more to get drunk but my body can't handle it at all now. I can't keep up with my peers who are 18 - 20 and go out mid week during university. How you react varies each time you binge.

ReputationRep:
    Tolerance improves with consumption. It takes me a lot more to get drunk but my body can't handle it at all now. I can't keep up with my peers who are 18 - 20 and go out mid week during university. How you react varies each time you binge.
    If I eat a tiramisu with brandy added to it, my cheeks blush up and I get a headache/nausea/room spinning and feel like I'm about to vomit, it's far more than just being a lightweight.

ReputationRep:
    If I eat a tiramisu with brandy added to it, my cheeks blush up and I get a headache/nausea/room spinning and feel like I'm about to vomit, it's far more than just being a lightweight.
    Are you sure that's not an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the tiramisu?

Crack open a beer, lad!

:beerglass:

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure that's not an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the tiramisu?

Crack open a beer, lad!

:beerglass:
    Trust me, if I drink beer I'll be a mess for the next 3 days. I'm not ******** you, Muhammad was right.

ReputationRep:
    So last night I went on a MASSIVE binge. Celebrating the big 18, I woke up still feeling a little drunk but like I was expecting a hangover with the headaches and body aches that people always talk about but here I am, fine. I've noticed I never get hangover symptoms but thought this would hit hard. Am I drinking right? Who knows, I'm gonna make the most of it. Anyone noticed similar stuff? When did you first start getting hungover?

I also discovered a talent I have, I can drunk text without making any big errors
    It's not much of a talent. You can prevent hangovers if you drink lots of water before AND after drinking (since alcohol causes dehydration, and many symptoms is caused because of that).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, if I drink beer I'll be a mess for the next 3 days. I'm not ******** you, Muhammad was right.
    It's a sign, you were always meant to be part of the Ummah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    It's not much of a talent. You can prevent hangovers if you drink lots of water before AND after drinking (since alcohol causes dehydration, and many symptoms is caused because of that).
    My talent is drunk texting lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    It's a sign, you were always meant to be part of the Ummah.
    Mashallah akhi

ReputationRep:

****ing drink more then

or you're still the drunk and the damage is yet to come

is this really a question?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Mashallah akhi
    Say it with me

Spoiler:
    Show

lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muḥammadur-rasūlu-llāh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Say it with me

Spoiler:
    Show

lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muḥammadur-rasūlu-llāh

If I say it, will they allow me into the Mosque?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.