idkidkidkidkidk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
just finished my mocks and idk when to start revising (y.11 btw)
Tom6
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Start now.
Rodney98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You should have started revising first thing when you came back from the Christmas holiday.

If you are the kind of person who can revise a night before and manage to score a B leave revision until May .

If you did poor for your mocks I would suggest getting off TSR and revising right now.
fergijane88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Always revise is my advice lol
snutty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by idkidkidkidkidk)
just finished my mocks and idk when to start revising (y.11 btw)
Starting ''properly'' now could actually hurt you in the long run. Doing a few hours in a week wouldn't hurt but if you do too much you're just going to burn out and not want to revise when it actually matters. Right now I would just start going over things you're not that confident on and leave the real revision until late Feb/March.
idkidkidkidkidk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rodney98)
You should have started revising first thing when you came back from the Christmas holiday.

If you are the kind of person who can revise a night before and manage to score a B leave revision until May .

If you did poor for your mocks I would suggest getting off TSR and revising right now.
I couldn't really revise after holidays because i was doing my mocks .. i did quite good in my mocks but i'm not a last minute person so i can't start revision in May
emduck
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would advise starting earlier, as then you can spread out your revision more- which means you don't have to do as much in the run up to your exams. Even if it is just an hour or two a week, it will help. Time flies by when exams are looming- honestly. I have my A levels in the summer (which are after GCSEs) and I have started revision (granted I have mocks in two weeks time). I think what is important is keeping the stuff from year 10 in your head, and by starting now you will be able to continually check your knowledge, and you are allowing time to establish if there is anything you don't understand or don't know that you need to know- so you have time to ask a teacher to explain something again if needed.

My teachers at GCSE said that really the latest you should start is at Easter, however plenty of people I know were revising from January.
idkidkidkidkidk
Rep:
?
(Original post by emduck)
I would advise starting earlier, as then you can spread out your revision more- which means you don't have to do as much in the run up to your exams. Even if it is just an hour or two a week, it will help. Time flies by when exams are looming- honestly. I have my A levels in the summer (which are after GCSEs) and I have started revision (granted I have mocks in two weeks time). I think what is important is keeping the stuff from year 10 in your head, and by starting now you will be able to continually check your knowledge, and you are allowing time to establish if there is anything you don't understand or don't know that you need to know- so you have time to ask a teacher to explain something again if needed.

My teachers at GCSE said that really the latest you should start is at Easter, however plenty of people I know were revising from January.
yeah i agree but i don't want to burn out that's all - i will do like a few hours a week
emduck
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by idkidkidkidkidk)
yeah i agree but i don't want to burn out that's all - i will do like a few hours a week
Yeah burning out is the worst thing you can do. Just do what you can be bothered to do right now. That's my advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (140)
60.09%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
4.29%
No- I want it (66)
28.33%
No- I don't want it (17)