Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am currently revising for prelims, and I was wondering what are some good revision books. My school provided me with the How to Pass books for free, but I heard they are good just for a C level.

They also provided me with the Leckie Leckie past paper books for all my subjects except Music Tech (there does not seem to be anything out there for it).

I also purchased the official SQA past papers for 2016-2017, but there aren't that many past papers in there.

My subjects:
    Higher Maths
    Higher Physics
    Higher Biology
    Higher English
    Higher Music Tech

What would be some good books for revision? Not only past papers but normal textbooks etc. Anything at all which is was useful to you and helped you revise and pass.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, the how to pass book combined with the holder SQA past paper books that you mention are the two best books. But, I would disagree with the bit about how to pass being of C level, as I found them to accurately reflect the SQA specifications for maths, English, chemistry, physics and human biology. I have heard a number of teachers saying that the leckie practice papers are not the best as they are not as similar to the exam as the holder model papers and I also found this, when using them for maths, chemistry and physics revision. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    For maths I've bought a few of the study guides which I haven't been very impressed with tbh
    I'd recommend a website called hsn as it gives you really good examples for lots of different question types

For English, I usually just use the past paper books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ___Sophie___)
    For maths I've bought a few of the study guides which I haven't been very impressed with tbh
    I'd recommend a website called hsn as it gives you really good examples for lots of different question types

For English, I usually just use the past paper books
    Just used that site for straight lines work which I missed. Very useful. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yandex)
    Just used that site for straight lines work which I missed. Very useful. Thanks.
    You're welcome

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.