Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've received (conditional) offers from both Neacstle University and the University of Sheffield to study History(V100). I'm a EU student so I do not have the slightest idea abut the unis the cities etc. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnyaSt)
    I've received (conditional) offers from both Neacstle University and the University of Sheffield to study History(V100). I'm a EU student so I do not have the slightest idea abut the unis the cities etc. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...1340&s=History

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...1291&i=1340&s=

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/newcastle/

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/sheffield/

ReputationRep:
    Which one offers the course you most like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those are both amazing cities.. I studied in Sheffield so I'm biased but EVERYONE who's been a student in Sheffield loved it. Sheffield is the #1 city for students remaining there after they graduate.. I believe that statistic is called "student retention rate" .

One other thing I should mention is that England is a country of many strange accents (if you've only heard proper English speakers like politicians, actors and newscasters) you're gonna have a slightly difficult time learning the Sheffield (Yorkshire) accent but I guarantee you will not even be able to understand the Newcastle (Geordie) accent, even English people have trouble understanding the Geordies most of the time

ReputationRep:

Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Which one offers the course you most like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They are quite similar tbh, Sheffield seems to offer a wider variety of modules, on the other hand I liked the thought of the career development moldules that Newcastle has, so I find myself at a dilemma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Those are both amazing cities.. I studied in Sheffield so I'm biased but EVERYONE who's been a student in Sheffield loved it. Sheffield is the #1 city for students remaining there after they graduate.. I believe that statistic is called "student retention rate" .

One other thing I should mention is that England is a country of many strange accents (if you've only heard proper English speakers like politicians, actors and newscasters) you're gonna have a slightly difficult time learning the Sheffield (Yorkshire) accent but I guarantee you will not even be able to understand the Newcastle (Geordie) accent, even English people have trouble understanding the Geordies most of the time
    Always nice to hear some personal experiene! Thank you so much (I really haven't thought about the accents I just hope I'll be able to adjust)

ReputationRep:
    They are quite similar tbh, Sheffield seems to offer a wider variety of modules, on the other hand I liked the thought of the career development moldules that Newcastle has, so I find myself at a dilemma
    Not a bad dilemma though. Instinct suggests to me that Sheffield is marginally better, but as you say Newcastle has certain advantages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much
    Hope it helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.