The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams 2017

So I've applied to Harris Westminster and next Saturday I have two entrance exams (maths & chemsitry). For maths I'm continuing with my GCSE revision as well as doing maths challenges so I'm not too worried. And for chemsitry I'm going over everything I've learnt (OCR 21c exam board) as well as some GCSE edexcel stuff because they do edexcel for A-level, but I feel more worried about it since I havent done chemistry since last year as I've already done my GCSE for it.

What would you reccomend to revise for chemistry for the entrance exams?
Reply 1
Original post by JuiceBoxNinja
So I've applied to Harris Westminster and next Saturday I have two entrance exams (maths & chemsitry). For maths I'm continuing with my GCSE revision as well as doing maths challenges so I'm not too worried. And for chemsitry I'm going over everything I've learnt (OCR 21c exam board) as well as some GCSE edexcel stuff because they do edexcel for A-level, but I feel more worried about it since I havent done chemistry since last year as I've already done my GCSE for it.

What would you reccomend to revise for chemistry for the entrance exams?

Hey! I did the exam today, how did you find the Maths paper?
Original post by Px-1

The maths paper actually wasn't too bad, but I messed up on that question about finding the coordinates of point A or something. It's like the stuff I do in class though, but I don't think I did amazingly, I think did alright. What about you?
Original post by Px-1

Hi! I did the exam on Saturday too. I'm in love with that darn school and I reaaaally want to get in :redface:
Original post by JuiceBoxNinja
The maths paper actually wasn't too bad, but I messed up on that question about finding the coordinates of point A or something. It's like the stuff I do in class though, but I don't think I did amazingly, I think did alright. What about you?

I did Politics and English Literature. I was actually surprised by the number of people there, and I didn't know anyone so I felt like an awkward frog...
Also when I walked in, the headteacher completely ignored me but being the socially awkward imbecile I am, I stood next to him and stared at him until he noticed me :smile: what is life
could you please tell me what type of questions there were
Original post by sadiadventures
I did Politics and English Literature. I was actually surprised by the number of people there, and I didn't know anyone so I felt like an awkward frog...
Also when I walked in, the headteacher completely ignored me but being the socially awkward imbecile I am, I stood next to him and stared at him until he noticed me :smile: what is life

Loooool. MY PEOPLE (we make up the awkward squad in the universe).

Are you planning on going to HWSF in September?
If so, what 4 A-Levels are you planning to do?

Quick Reply

Latest