Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone Lived over seas for most of their life but has still been classed as a 'home' student
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Tombot34)
    Has anyone Lived over seas for most of their life but has still been classed as a 'home' student
    Fee status is done on residence now. So if you lived abroad for your first many years of life, but have been in the UK for the past 5, then you will be classed as a home student.

ReputationRep:
    What if its the other way round? I was born in the UK and lived there until I was 10 and then moved to Australia but now wish to go to uni in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Fee status is done on residence now. So if you lived abroad for your first many years of life, but have been in the UK for the past 5, then you will be classed as a home student.
    What if its the other way round? I was born in the UK and lived there until I was 10 and then moved to Australia but now wish to go to uni in the UK.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Then you're unlikely to be classed as a home student because you don't meet the residence requirements
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi

You can find information about our criteria for assessing fee status on our website.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes

Sophie

ReputationRep:
    Yes. We called the free advice help line run by UKCISA and they advised us to claim dual residence as we spent so much of our time in UK. Had to provide unis with all sorts of proof of the time and 'footprint' in UK (eg house ownership, plane tickets and dates etc). It worked with a couple of unis, we are waiting on the others at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJDK)
    Yes. We called the free advice help line run by UKCISA and they advised us to claim dual residence as we spent so much of our time in UK. Had to provide unis with all sorts of proof of the time and 'footprint' in UK (eg house ownership, plane tickets and dates etc). It worked with a couple of unis, we are waiting on the others at the moment.
    And make sure you give it a good try in any case. I had loads of people saying don't bother, it won't work etc like they knew and then it did work. So each uni has its own criteria that we can't know about, and you don't lose anything by trying.

ReputationRep:
    i moved to Canada at the end of my gcses hence i lived in the uk for 16 and a half years and i want to go to uni in September what fees would i fall under

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.