Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Originally I got a conditional offer from hull but the other day I recieved an email saying:
    Following on from our recent offer, we are so impressed with your application including your predicted grades, reference and your personal statement that we would like to make you an unconditional offer to study at the University of Hull on the BSc Physical Geography. It is my top choice and says the offer stands if I select it as my firm choice which it Will be. But on UCAS it still says conditional?? What do I do??
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparky2016)
    Originally I got a conditional offer from hull but the other day I recieved an email saying:
    Following on from our recent offer, we are so impressed with your application including your predicted grades, reference and your personal statement that we would like to make you an unconditional offer to study at the University of Hull on the BSc Physical Geography. It is my top choice and says the offer stands if I select it as my firm choice which it Will be. But on UCAS it still says conditional?? What do I do??
    Does the offer say that it is unconditional only if placed as firm? That's generally what these emails say. If so, you would need to make it your firm choice and then wait - the uni needs to manually change the offer to unconditional via UCAS, so it will take a few weeks for them to do that.

Do realise though that with an unconditional offer you cannot have an insurance choice and cannot use Adjustment. Do not let this email sway you into picking this as your firm just because you think it will be an easy offer. You need to make sure you actually want to go to this uni and study this course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Does the offer say that it is unconditional only if placed as firm? That's generally what these emails say. If so, you would need to make it your firm choice and then wait - the uni needs to manually change the offer to unconditional via UCAS, so it will take a few weeks for them to do that.

Do realise though that with an unconditional offer you cannot have an insurance choice and cannot use Adjustment. Do not let this email sway you into picking this as your firm just because you think it will be an easy offer. You need to make sure you actually want to go to this uni and study this course.
    Thanks the offer is from the uni I was going to put as my top choice anyway 😊

ReputationRep:
    This is the same for me, I got a letter 4 weeks ago from a uni telling my I have an unconditional if I firm it but on ucas it still says conditional and I have to meet the entry requirements. However another of my choices on ucas says if I firm them the offer will change to unconditional. I'm hoping the other one might change or it will change once I firm it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mbry241)
    This is the same for me, I got a letter 4 weeks ago from a uni telling my I have an unconditional if I firm it but on ucas it still says conditional and I have to meet the entry requirements. However another of my choices on ucas says if I firm them the offer will change to unconditional. I'm hoping the other one might change or it will change once I firm it
    If you haven't firmed the offer then of course it's still going to say conditional. You need to make sure you actually want to go to that uni, then firm it, then wait - and once you've done that, the uni will change it to unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    If you haven't firmed the offer then of course it's still going to say conditional. You need to make sure you actually want to go to that uni, then firm it, then wait - and once you've done that, the uni will change it to unconditional.
    Yh but I was just saying some say it on ucas in the details section if you firm it it will change to unconditional

ReputationRep:
    I got this but to Logistics and Supply Chain Management, HOWEVER it also said this is ONLY if I make Hull my firm. If I make it my insurance the academic requirements will remain as they are. Read the email again, see if they include that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same apart from I applied for the study abroad. I think it depends whether you love the campus and the uni itself. The moment I walked in I knew I wanted to go there from the minute I walked in😊
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If it's your top choice, firm it. Then ucas may recognise it as unconditional, either way, the uni knows its unconditional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)

I've just had the same thing however, I added an insurance choice... Does this void my unconditional offer?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JEyeson)
    I've just had the same thing however, I added an insurance choice... Does this void my unconditional offer?
    No, but it voids your insurance choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    No, but it voids your insurance choice
    Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    Same happened for me, originally a conditional offer to do Law but I got the same email. I firmed them about 3 days ago and yesterday it updated to an unconditional. It's just because the uni never informed UCAS that they changed the offer until you actually firm them

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got the UCAS update several days after I firmed it and it's been completely accepted now. Thanks for the help😀

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.