Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Black box driving me insane. Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSpower)
    If seeing the price list, you would know that I did not have a second choice. In my case, driving with a black box can save 1200 pounds per year.
    I know what the quotations are like, but there's a good reason it's cheap; if you can't afford something decent then you probably shouldn't be driving as you can't afford to maintain a car. I opted for standard insurance at the cost of an extra £900 to my policy in comparison to the cheapest blackbox insurance quote.

Have you ever considered why it's so cheap? Buy cheap, buy twice.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSpower)
    cant remember exactly, I searched around different compare websites, probably gocompare.com. My car is 06 BMW 1 serious.
    You're driving a BMW and expect your insurance to be cheap? l m f a o

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.