Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My mocks are coming up and my teacher hasn't really explained how to answer any of the questions or how to use what we've learnt in our answers, which is why I'm wondering if anyone else could help me.

Section A of the exam is the source material question. Is this just referring to films I know and discussing how they relate to the question and source material?

Also for part B we're doing Borders and Belonging topic. So far we've learnt Todorov, Propp, and other narrative theories and briefly discussed themes such as Power and Belonging. This is the bit I'm stuck on the most. Do I have to quote the film? Or can I get away with mentioning whats happening as an example? Do I talk about how the narrative theories relate to the chosen films?

And overall, is there a structure that works? Are introductions a good idea? Do I need to conclude?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.