Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/314392885624420/ - is a facebook page I've created for applicants because I couldn't find any!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have a couple of questions about societies and funding and things like that - does anyone know a good thread for getting answers from students? ☺ (I know this is a strange one to post this on)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CN2)
    Hey, I have a couple of questions about societies and funding and things like that - does anyone know a good thread for getting answers from students? ☺ (I know this is a strange one to post this on)
    You've maybe found it by now but there is a St Andrew's ask a current student thread. It's at the top of the St Andrew's uni forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Science_Girl)
    You've maybe found it by now but there is a St Andrew's ask a current student thread. It's at the top of the St Andrew's uni forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have found it, it's so helpful! But thanks for your reply 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,
    so i'm an international student ,
    i received my offer from st andrews recently ,i also received one from bath , wariwick , durham and exeter
    however bath and st andrews were my top preferences , and now i'm in a fix
    both my offers are for the course of BSc management.
    Both bath and st andrews seem amazing , however from what i've heard st. andrews doesn't have much to do
    as a town , while bath in comparison has more and is closer to london making it more attractive for the weekends , night life etc.
    so i was looking forward for a little help in making this choice between the two , and a little insight on how st andrews really is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanya_06)
    Hi ,
    i received my offer from st andrews recently ,i also received one from bath , wariwick , durham and exeter
    Both bath and st andrews seem amazing , however from what i've heard st. andrews doesn't have much to do
    as a town , while bath in comparison has more and is closer to london making it more attractive for the weekends , night life etc.
    so i was looking forward for a little help in making this choice between the two , and a little insight on how st andrews really is
    Go for St.Andrews. Nothing much happens in Bath either, and St. Andrews is special..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Film)
    Go for St.Andrews. Nothing much happens in Bath either, and St. Andrews is special..
    but isn't bath's proximity to london a major plus point for it ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,
    I can't give an unbiased view, as I know very little about Bath St Andrews is a really good uni! At least for certain subjects, it ranks pretty highly, often close to Oxbridge. The age of the uni and town make it a really nice place to study. They also have good research and loads of flexibility in the degree structure. Plus I've heard that despite the size there is a nightlife with house parties and things like that and it's really easy to get to most of the Scottish cities.

As I say I can't give a fair comparison but I hope you make the right choice for you whichever you pick! 😊

ReputationRep:
    but isn't bath's proximity to london a major plus point for it ?
    No Bath is too far away from London. 2 hours each way of traveling time.Most Bath students rarely go to London.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Does anyone know if it's possible to begin my Masters at St Andrews in January? I tried to check on their websites but it just showed the term dates, not if its possible to actually apply to start in January.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.