Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/314392885624420/ - is a facebook page I've created for applicants because I couldn't find any!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have a couple of questions about societies and funding and things like that - does anyone know a good thread for getting answers from students? ☺ (I know this is a strange one to post this on)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CN2)
    Hey, I have a couple of questions about societies and funding and things like that - does anyone know a good thread for getting answers from students? ☺ (I know this is a strange one to post this on)
    You've maybe found it by now but there is a St Andrew's ask a current student thread. It's at the top of the St Andrew's uni forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Science_Girl)
    You've maybe found it by now but there is a St Andrew's ask a current student thread. It's at the top of the St Andrew's uni forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have found it, it's so helpful! But thanks for your reply 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,
    so i'm an international student ,
    i received my offer from st andrews recently ,i also received one from bath , wariwick , durham and exeter
    however bath and st andrews were my top preferences , and now i'm in a fix
    both my offers are for the course of BSc management.
    Both bath and st andrews seem amazing , however from what i've heard st. andrews doesn't have much to do
    as a town , while bath in comparison has more and is closer to london making it more attractive for the weekends , night life etc.
    so i was looking forward for a little help in making this choice between the two , and a little insight on how st andrews really is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanya_06)
    Hi ,
    i received my offer from st andrews recently ,i also received one from bath , wariwick , durham and exeter
    Both bath and st andrews seem amazing , however from what i've heard st. andrews doesn't have much to do
    as a town , while bath in comparison has more and is closer to london making it more attractive for the weekends , night life etc.
    so i was looking forward for a little help in making this choice between the two , and a little insight on how st andrews really is
    Go for St.Andrews. Nothing much happens in Bath either, and St. Andrews is special..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Film)
    Go for St.Andrews. Nothing much happens in Bath either, and St. Andrews is special..
    but isn't bath's proximity to london a major plus point for it ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,
    I can't give an unbiased view, as I know very little about Bath St Andrews is a really good uni! At least for certain subjects, it ranks pretty highly, often close to Oxbridge. The age of the uni and town make it a really nice place to study. They also have good research and loads of flexibility in the degree structure. Plus I've heard that despite the size there is a nightlife with house parties and things like that and it's really easy to get to most of the Scottish cities.

As I say I can't give a fair comparison but I hope you make the right choice for you whichever you pick! 😊

ReputationRep:
    but isn't bath's proximity to london a major plus point for it ?
    No Bath is too far away from London. 2 hours each way of traveling time.Most Bath students rarely go to London.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Does anyone know if it's possible to begin my Masters at St Andrews in January? I tried to check on their websites but it just showed the term dates, not if its possible to actually apply to start in January.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 19, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.