Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am an American high school student applying to study Film Studies at the undergraduate level in the UK. I used WhatUni to help me make my choices, because I was able to input my AP exam scores as tariff points to figure out which schools I can get in to. I've chosen my five, but I'm just scared that I'm applying to unis that I won't be happy at, or I'll regret that I applied to the 5 that I did.

I'm applying to Bangor, Glasgow, South Wales, Royal Holloway, and Queen Mary. I really wanted to apply to Warwick and Southampton, but they're both very expensive (and I have considered the fact that Royal Holloway is expensive).

I'm applying to my five choices because I can most likely get in based off my tariff, their cost and cost of living, and their ranking on The Guardian's league table for media studies.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to just calm my mind about my choices. I'm just scared that they're not where I want to be going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingmunchkin)
    Hello! I am an American high school student applying to study Film Studies at the undergraduate level in the UK. I used WhatUni to help me make my choices, because I was able to input my AP exam scores as tariff points to figure out which schools I can get in to. I've chosen my five, but I'm just scared that I'm applying to unis that I won't be happy at, or I'll regret that I applied to the 5 that I did.

I'm applying to Bangor, Glasgow, South Wales, Royal Holloway, and Queen Mary. I really wanted to apply to Warwick and Southampton, but they're both very expensive (and I have considered the fact that Royal Holloway is expensive).

I'm applying to my five choices because I can most likely get in based off my tariff, their cost and cost of living, and their ranking on The Guardian's league table for media studies.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to just calm my mind about my choices. I'm just scared that they're not where I want to be going.
    It's really difficult to advise because it very much depends on what kind of course you want to do, what sort of place you would like to live in for three years (London and Glasgow are significant cities, whereas Bangor isn't ), and what other factors may be important to you. For a course like Film Studies, I would suggest looking closely at their graduate employment prospects, because you would hope to see evidence of networking within the industry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingmunchkin)

I would definitely say that if you are planning on going to university in London to look into getting an oyster card or a 16-25 railway card which makes travelling around so much cheaper. Also, you can look on Youtube for many people's opinions on the universities, room tours or campus tours etc which can be really helpful. There are also lots of budgeting tips which could help to bring down costs a little for you Hope this helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.