The Student Room Group

Mock exam results 2017 official thread

Hi everyone!!

My sis got her mock exams results on Thursday so I thought I would create a thread so that everyone could share what they got👍.

Her results are as follow:

Maths- Grade 6
English- Grade 6
Biology- A
Chemistry- A
Physics- A
History- A*
Geography-A*
RE- A*
Spanish- B

She was really pleased but she was only a couple of marks off a 7 in maths and English which was due to a lack of revision. Did everyone revise thoroughly cause she feels a bit guilty about not?🤔 Also are her results good enough for grammar?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

For grammar, she'd have to improve alot on English and Maths I think but no worries, she can do that by the time that GCSE's hit; I think she did pretty well on her other subjects :biggrin:

My results;
Maths - 7
English Lang -7
English Lit - 6
Triple Science - A*
History - A*
German - A*
Media Studies - A
Computing - B
So I just recently did some mocks and have received the results for the majority of them. My aspirations are to get 4-7 A* in the real GCSE results.
Maths: A* /Level 8
English: B/Level 6
Biology: B/A
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A ( very close to A*)
History: A
Business Studies: A*
Religious Studies: A*
Spanish: D (really didn't do well here)
Product Design: Still to receive but confident I got A+

Posted from TSR Mobile
English Langauge, English Lit 8s
Mathematics 9
Business A
History A
Food Technology A*
Science Add/ Further Add A* already took core science early got an A
Further maths A
English Language : 8
English Lit: 6+ which I'm kind of annoyed about but I went over it with my teacher and she told me how to improve it.
Maths: 5 This might go up as our school's grade boundaries were too high
Biology: A*
Physics: A 3 marks off an A*
French: A*
German: B in the listening, and A* in all my CAs. Not sure about the reading yet.
History: A*
Music: B But my performance result can easily go up to an A.
I'm at a grammar school and the English and maths requirements for sixth form are both a 6 minimum unless you plan to take it for a-level. I don't know about other grammars though. Here's my results anyway:

maths- 6
English language- 9
English literature- 9
biology- A
chemistry- A*
physics- B
history- A*
RS- A*
French- A*
Spanish- A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
English Lit : 9
English Lang: 9
Maths: 6 (haha kill me)
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
German: A*
Music: A*
Drama: A
RS: A

Kind of disappointed but not heart broken
I actually revised for my mocks but could have done more cos i didn't do past papers. Ngl I was very surprised but in a good way :smile:

Maths - 9
English Language - 8
English Literature - 9
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
French - A*
History - A*
Business - A*
RS - A*
IT - Distinction*

I go to a state school and I'm planning on staying there for 6th form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrippsy
English Lit : 9
English Lang: 9
Maths: 6 (haha kill me)
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
German: A*
Music: A*
Drama: A
RS: A

Kind of disappointed but not heart broken

Wow those results especially in English! What were the grade boundaries your school used for the 9-1 maths and English GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maninblack00
Wow those results especially in English! What were the grade boundaries your school used for the 9-1 maths and English GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it was 85% and above for a 9 for both English and Maths, I'm not sure whether that's low or not. What were your boundaries?

Oh and thanks!
I think it was 85% and above for a 9 for both English and Maths, I'm not sure whether that's low or not. What were your boundaries?

Oh and thanks!

For maths it was 210 for a 9 so just under 90%. For English lit it was 95% for a 9, for Lang it was 92%

Posted from TSR Mobile
For maths it was 210 for a 9 so just under 90%. For English lit it was 95% for a 9, for Lang it was 92%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow that's high - the boundaries we have for classwork is only 90%. I got 93 and 96 for Lit and Lang respectively so i would've received an 8 for Lit under your boundaries.

Forgot to mention that your Mock grades are really good! I go to a state school too although I'm planning on moving to another one for sixth form.
Oh wow that's high - the boundaries we have for classwork is only 90%. I got 93 and 96 for Lit and Lang respectively so i would've received an 8 for Lit under your boundaries.

Forgot to mention that your Mock grades are really good! I go to a state school too although I'm planning on moving to another one for sixth form.

Yea I know it's crazy, how come you're moving 6th form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea I know it's crazy, how come you're moving 6th form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's really nothing with our sixth form but I love the idea of a fresh start and a chance to start anew and meet completely different people. Also, the school I'm applying for is very good in terms of league tables as well as being competitive to get into so I like a challenge.
There's really nothing with our sixth form but I love the idea of a fresh start and a chance to start anew and meet completely different people. Also, the school I'm applying for is very good in terms of league tables as well as being competitive to get into so I like a challenge.

Fair enough - best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Yeh only problem was she's never had good teachers but this year she had good teachers and so on that level maths and English were alright. But you're right her maths and English need a lot of improvement. Hopefully at the end of the year she will be on 7 or 8 :h:
Original post by saharan_skies
For grammar, she'd have to improve alot on English and Maths I think but no worries, she can do that by the time that GCSE's hit; I think she did pretty well on her other subjects :biggrin:

My results;
Maths - 7
English Lang -7
English Lit - 6
Triple Science - A*
History - A*
German - A*
Media Studies - A
Computing - B
Reply 16
That's really good! 👍

Original post by Moltenmo
So I just recently did some mocks and have received the results for the majority of them. My aspirations are to get 4-7 A* in the real GCSE results.
Maths: A* /Level 8
English: B/Level 6
Biology: B/A
Physics: A ( very close to A*)
History: A
Business Studies: A*
Religious Studies: A*
Spanish: D (really didn't do well here)
Product Design: Still to receive but confident I got A+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Ur Maths and English look AMAZING! What score did u get on the maths paper? Btw what's Science add/ further add?
Original post by chris2791
English Langauge, English Lit 8s
Mathematics 9
Business A
History A
Food Technology A*
Science Add/ Further Add A* already took core science early got an A
Further maths A
Reply 18
Same! Our school boundaries for Maths were pretty high too! Their excuse being that they didn't want people feeling disappointed if they did well in the real thing and didn't get the same grade. Wha was your school boundaries?
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
English Language : 8
English Lit: 6+ which I'm kind of annoyed about but I went over it with my teacher and she told me how to improve it.
Maths: 5 This might go up as our school's grade boundaries were too high
Physics: A 3 marks off an A*
French: A*
German: B in the listening, and A* in all my CAs. Not sure about the reading yet.
Music: B But my performance result can easily go up to an A.
Original post by Sabz152
That's really good! 👍

Thanks but still gotta work on those few subjects which I am lacking (I.e. English, Spanish).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest