Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by aaronkapoor)
    ok thanks what about grade 5, sorry i was meant to ask about 5 initially lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is contradicting what I said initially but I am going to say 100-110 /240 is Level 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there do you know what the grade boundary to get a 4 or 5 on the foundation paper is? I'm sure the grade boundary for all exam boards is similar, but I didn't know they had been issued for the new specification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabz152)
    Hi everyone!!

My sis got her mock exams results on Thursday so I thought I would create a thread so that everyone could share what they got👍.

Her results are as follow:

Maths- Grade 6
    English- Grade 6
    Biology- A
    Chemistry- A
    Physics- A
    History- A*
    Geography-A*
    RE- A*
    Spanish- B

She was really pleased but she was only a couple of marks off a 7 in maths and English which was due to a lack of revision. Did everyone revise thoroughly cause she feels a bit guilty about not?🤔 Also are her results good enough for grammar?
    mine are basically the same as hers. im quite disappointed with mine, and have my next set of mocks starting tomorrow. hopefully, ill do a lot better. i reckon ive revised more. the thing is, i believe your sister would believe this, youll always wish uve done more revision or had more time. i hope we both do well in these mocks and the actual exams!

ReputationRep:
    It might be a good idea to check the website for your exam board. U might find something on there. Or type into your web browser the exam board and the year for which u want the boundaries I.e. Edexcel GCSE maths foundation grade boundaries 2016. Hope this helped
    (Original post by Zonyali123)
    Hi there do you know what the grade boundary to get a 4 or 5 on the foundation paper is? I'm sure the grade boundary for all exam boards is similar, but I didn't know they had been issued for the new specification.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully! My sister has her second set of mocks, which only includes maths and English, the week after half term so she is now using her holiday to finish her revision and go over it. It's a lot of time if used wisely so I'm sure it'll reflect in her final result. totally agree that time is just never by ur side! I've realised that this is main,y because of procrastination and not being organised so she's drawn up her timetable of revision. Good luck with ur mocks!! Hope u do really well and don't forget to come back and share what u got after after u have done them

(Original post by ultimateradman)
    mine are basically the same as hers. im quite disappointed with mine, and have my next set of mocks starting tomorrow. hopefully, ill do a lot better. i reckon ive revised more. the thing is, i believe your sister would believe this, youll always wish uve done more revision or had more time. i hope we both do well in these mocks and the actual exams!

ReputationRep:
    Use maths genie- it's really good! Every day go through at least one topic and spend one hour on maths each day. Maths genie has a video explaining the topic, exam questions for you to work on and then a solutions page where each question is worked out for u. What's more, it's tailored for the new spec. Don't worry, all ur other grades are brilliant and I'm sure if u work on maths a bit more and don't give up then you'll improve. Maths is my weakest subject so I know how it feels
    (Original post by Misaki24)
    Mine are;
    physics:A*
    Chemistry:A
    Biology:A
    Religious Studies:A
    English lit:7
    English lang:6
    Drama:B
    Spanish:C
    Maths 4

my maths grade is so terrible i need 6/7 but i dont know how to improve

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Hope u do well 😄😄
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    M doing my mocks for 2017 the week after next week. I wont let you down, except dont expect an A-C for art but everything else ill do my best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabz152)
    Use maths genie- it's really good! Every day go through at least one topic and spend one hour on maths each day. Maths genie has a video explaining the topic, exam questions for you to work on and then a solutions page where each question is worked out for u. What's more, it's tailored for the new spec. Don't worry, all ur other grades are brilliant and I'm sure if u work on maths a bit more and don't give up then you'll improve. Maths is my weakest subject so I know how it feels
    Thank you so much;i would definitely do so!

ReputationRep:
    That's great- don't be disappointed about the B's, just think if u have got this far right now, how brilliant ur real GCSES will be if u work super hard😊😊
    (Original post by Quizlet)
    My mock results: 3A* (9 in maths), 5A, 2B
    Predicted: 5A*, 6A

ReputationRep:
    That's okay, hope that helps😊
    (Original post by Misaki24)
    Thank you so much;i would definitely do so!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.