Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Accounting & Finance UNI Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Accounting and Finance at the following universities.
    Bath AAA
    City AAA
    Loughborough AAB
    Reading AAA-AAB
    Surrey AAA-AAB

I am predicted AAC In Maths Chem Bio respectively and was wondering whether I had any chance in getting an offer for the universities that I have applied to since my predicted grades are 1/2 less than entry requirements.

Thank you! And good luck if you have applied to university too.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlFreezy)
    Applied for Accounting and Finance at the following universities.
    Bath AAA
    City AAA
    Loughborough AAB
    Reading AAA-AAB
    Surrey AAA-AAB

I am predicted AAC In Maths Chem Bio respectively and was wondering whether I had any chance in getting an offer for the universities that I have applied to since my predicted grades are 1/2 less than entry requirements.

Thank you! And good luck if you have applied to university too.
    You do have a chance, but you should be prepared for rejections. You might want to look at UCAS_Extra to prepare yourself. You need to realise that if you do get any offers they will be conditional on achieving the higher grades, so you need to work very hard to achieve that.

ReputationRep:
    You don't meet the entry requirements for these universities, so unless they are short of applicants or you stand out in some other way you'll probably get rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You do have a chance, but you should be prepared for rejections. You might want to look at UCAS_Extra to prepare yourself. You need to realise that if you do get any offers they will be conditional on achieving the higher grades, so you need to work very hard to achieve that.
    Thank you Juno.

I knew that my grades were quite poor for the universities that I have applied to, however the fact that some of the people from my school have got offers from high average universities when they are predicted 2/3 grades less than entry requirements has given me some hope.

Just have to see what happens!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got any experiences that they would like to share?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.