Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thread for discussion relating to the 2017 African Cup of Nations! Who do you think will win?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Who do you think will win?
    Algeria or Senegal, since they have the best squads. Although I wouldn't rule out a surprise winner such as Egypt with Salah leading the line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Thread for discussion relating to the 2017 African Cup of Nations! Who do you think will win?
    Germany looking strong this year
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe Nigeria didn't qualify. Them and Cameroon were the big boys in Africa now both seem to be ****

ReputationRep:
    I think most interest will be when teams will be knocked out (so players return) and if anyone gets injured..

ReputationRep:
    Allez les elephants!!! Côte d'Ivoire all the way

ReputationRep:
    The standard of football is disastrous and unorganised. Not to p*ss on your parade, but for most people I really wouldn't advise watching.

Is Auba the only world class player there?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    The standard of football is disastrous and unorganised. Not to p*ss on your parade, but for most people I really wouldn't advise watching.

Is it even televised in this country? It's had almost no media coverage besides which PL players are going. I'll probably watch the final but that's about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Is it even televised in this country? It's had almost no media coverage besides which PL players are going. I'll probably watch the final but that's about it.
    The coverage from Gabon is on Eurosport for some weird reason.

The previous six finals have ended; 0-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 0-0 Surely the final will only match expectations at worst

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Can't believe Nigeria didn't qualify. Them and Cameroon were the big boys in Africa now both seem to be ****
    Nigeria actually have a good young team though.

I think Auba is the best player by far but that's because he's top 20 players in the world, possibly top 10. Most of the top african players play for european clubs anyway like Zidane/Pogba/Balotelli e.g. so it makes sense why the quality is lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Nigeria actually have a good young team though.
    haha

I think Auba is the best player by far but that's because he's top 20 players in the world, possibly top 10. Most of the top african players play for european clubs anyway like Zidane/Pogba/Balotelli e.g. so it makes sense why the quality is lower.
    It makes sense I guess, it still isn't encouraging me to watch it though.

Nigeria isn't there so won't be interesting
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
      Nigeria actually have a good young team though..
      That's what I thought. Moses, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Ndidi, Musa even Mikel would probably still be good... can't be that bad surely? but then if they were good why haven't they qualified when teams like Burkina Faso have. They were awful at the last Confederations & World Cup, I won't pretend i've watched them since then.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by thatapanydude)
      Algeria or Senegal, since they have the best squads. Although I wouldn't rule out a surprise winner such as Egypt with Salah leading the line.
      Algeria indeed. I believe Morocco has the capability of winning

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by StrawbAri)
      Nigeria isn't there so won't be interesting
      Nigeria has gone down

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by childofthesun)
      Allez les elephants!!! Côte d'Ivoire all the way
      No Algeria

ReputationRep:

No many more

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by England113)
      No Algeria
      Remember what happened in the last quarter-finals??

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by childofthesun)
      Remember what happened in the last quarter-finals??
      Are you African?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by England113)
      Are you African?
      I was raised in Ivory Coast although I'm Lebanese

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
    Updated: February 5, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.