Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I am hoping to apply for the role of Intelligence officer once I have my final A-level in August time.
    I was wondering, do the RAF allow you to apply based on a predicted grade if you already have one A-level? If the predicted is also going to give the necessary UCAS points.
    Asking because there is an awful lot of waiting from now till August, and then possibly more waiting!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by same123)
    Hello
    I am hoping to apply for the role of Intelligence officer once I have my final A-level in August time.
    I was wondering, do the RAF allow you to apply based on a predicted grade if you already have one A-level? If the predicted is also going to give the necessary UCAS points.
    Asking because there is an awful lot of waiting from now till August, and then possibly more waiting!

Thanks.
    You'll need actual grades to apply, not estimated.

Edit: used to!! However...

...A few months to wait is, in the grand scheme of things, not very much in the slightest. Patience is a virtue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    You'll need actual grades to apply, not estimated.

A few months to wait is, in the grand scheme of things, not very much in the slightest. Patience is a virtue!
    Apparently, this isn't true?
    https://twitter.com/raf_recruitment/...56793212395520

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarthRoar)
    Apparently, this isn't true?
    https://twitter.com/raf_recruitment/...56793212395520
    Fair enough.

OP, Their point about timing is one to note though. They won't want to let you get too far through the process if you might not get the grades.

There's the separate point about joining at 18 though.
    It's not impossible and, yes, the minimum requirements are 'only' A levels, but IntO is an extremely competitive branch (Arguably, it's more competitive than Pilot). If you think you've got a strong application, then go for it, but be aware you're making it harder for yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.