Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need money - American student studying in U.K. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Need finance, scholarship, bursary advice for my 20 yr old American flat mate.

Just signed off on a house for next year but if they don't have the funds then the other flat mates & I have to cover it.

They're Currently looking for a job but can only work 20 hours a week as they're from America (does that include summer as well?)

Their grandparents are paying for the first years tuition but won't pay for second or third year

Father and mother are divorced, mother has okay job but won't give any money, father is paying as much as he can afford to for accommodation but is struggling to keep up

Currently getting by on savings from working as a nanny.

ReputationRep:
    You might be able to request funds from your university. They tend to have money set aside for situations like this. It might be worth asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent19)
    You might be able to request funds from your university. They tend to have money set aside for situations like this. It might be worth asking.
    Thank you so much! really any ideas or suggestions or avenues we could explore are so helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Are they going to be able to continue the course next year?..
    I know at my uni (and many others) international students are required to show proof that they have enough money to support themselves..

And yes I do believe it includes summer with the working hours

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.