Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Need finance, scholarship, bursary advice for my 20 yr old American flat mate.

Just signed off on a house for next year but if they don't have the funds then the other flat mates & I have to cover it.

They're Currently looking for a job but can only work 20 hours a week as they're from America (does that include summer as well?)

Their grandparents are paying for the first years tuition but won't pay for second or third year

Father and mother are divorced, mother has okay job but won't give any money, father is paying as much as he can afford to for accommodation but is struggling to keep up

Currently getting by on savings from working as a nanny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorsal Fin)
    Need finance, scholarship, bursary advice for my 20 yr old American flat mate.

Just signed off on a house for next year but if they don't have the funds then the other flat mates & I have to cover it.

They're Currently looking for a job but can only work 20 hours a week as they're from America (does that include summer as well?)

Their grandparents are paying for the first years tuition but won't pay for second or third year

Father and mother are divorced, mother has okay job but won't give any money, father is paying as much as he can afford to for accommodation but is struggling to keep up

Currently getting by on savings from working as a nanny.
    Scholarships and bursaries will mainly come from your uni. Check whether they offer anything for International students. There's no Student Finance and they won't be able to get a bank loan.

To get a UK study visa, they would have had to prove that they were coming to the UK with enough money to support themselves for their entire course. How did they manage that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.